Empower Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado will play host to the No. 17 Air Force Falcons (8-0) and the Army Black Knights (2-6) on November 4, 2023, starting at 2:30 PM ET, airing on CBS Sports. The Falcons are an 18.5-point favorite in the game. A 33-point over/under is set for the game.
You should check out CBS Sports in order to watch this game.
Falcons vs. Black Knights Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 2:30 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Denver, Colorado
- Venue: Empower Field at Mile High
- The Falcons own the 70th-ranked offense this season (383.9 yards per game), and they’ve been even more effective defensively, ranking third-best with just 239.5 yards allowed per game.
- The Falcons own the 29th-ranked offense this year (33.6 points per game), and they’ve been more effective on defense, ranking fourth-best with only 13.4 points allowed per game.
- While Air Force ranks worst in the FBS in passing offense with 81.4 passing yards per game, it’s been a different situation with the defense, which ranks 11th-best (172.1 passing yards per game allowed).
- The Falcons have been a difficult matchup for opposing teams in the running game, as they rank top-25 in both rushing offense (best with 302.5 rushing yards per game) and rushing defense (third-best with 67.4 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Air Force owns the 26th-ranked defense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (32.7% third-down percentage allowed), and has been better on offense, ranking seventh-best with a 51.5% third-down percentage.
- The Falcons have forced seven total turnovers (99th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over two times (second in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +5, the 19th-best in college football.
Black Knights Insights
- Army has not been getting things done offensively, ranking 21st-worst with 319.9 total yards per game. It has been more effective on the other side of the ball, allowing 378.3 total yards per contest (72nd-ranked).
- Army’s offense has been bottom-25 this season, registering 20.1 points per game, which ranks 18th-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 67th with 25.5 points ceded per contest.
- The Black Knights rank fourth-worst in passing yards per game (127.9), but they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 27th in the FBS with 195.1 passing yards surrendered per contest.
- Defensively, Army is a bottom-25 run unit, allowing 183.1 rushing yards per game (15th-worst). Fortunately, it is excelling on the other side of the ball, posting 192.0 rushing yards per contest (24th-best).
- With a 35.2% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Black Knights rank 104th in the FBS. On defense, they rank 88th, allowing a 40.4% third-down rate.
- Army owns a bottom-25 turnover margin this season, sixth-worst at -7.
- Zachary Larrier has 651 passing yards in eight games this year, averaging 81.4 per game with a 70.0% completion percentage and six touchdowns against zero interceptions.
- He has added 533 rushing yards (66.6 per game) and five touchdowns on the ground.
- Emmanuel Michel’s rushing output this season includes 696 yards and nine TDs. He’s averaging 87.0 yards per game and 4.5 per attempt (197th in the FBS).
- Through eight games, John Lee Eldridge III has picked up 405 yards on the ground, averaging 50.6 yards per game and scoring five touchdowns.
- Eldridge III has received zero targets in the passing game and has four catches (0.5 per game) for 35 yards (4.4 per game) and one TD.
Black Knights Leaders
- In seven games played this year, Bryson Daily has amassed 740 passing yards, while throwing six touchdowns against six interceptions and completing 50.0% of his passes.
- He’s added 474 yards on the ground (first on the Black Knights), with four rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 67.7 yards per game and 4.3 per attempt.
- Kanye Udoh has 364 rushing yards (second on the Black Knights) and one rushing touchdown, while averaging 52.0 yards per game and 5.4 per attempt (99th in the FBS).
- Isaiah Alston has registered 266 receiving yards and two touchdowns on nine receptions, while being targeted zero times this season.