The Appalachian State Mountaineers (3-3) visit the Old Dominion Monarchs (3-3) on Saturday, October 21, 2023 in a matchup between Sun Belt foes at Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium. Old Dominion is a 6-point underdog. The total is 55 points for this game.
The matchup is on NFL Network, if you’re searching for how to watch.
Mountaineers vs. Monarchs Game Info
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: NFL Network
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Norfolk, Virginia
- Venue: Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium
- The Mountaineers rank 94th in total defense this season (395.8 yards allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on the offensive side of the ball, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS with 453.7 total yards per game.
- On offense, the Mountaineers rank 30th in the FBS with 34.3 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 99th in points allowed (395.8 points allowed per contest).
- On offense, Appalachian State ranks 42nd in the FBS with 266.7 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 45th in passing yards allowed per contest (212.0).
- The Mountaineers sport the 31st-ranked rushing offense this season (187.0 rushing yards per game), and they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking 19th-worst with 183.8 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Appalachian State is putting up a 44.8% third-down conversion rate on offense this year (34th in the FBS), and is giving up a 40.3% third-down conversion rate (82nd) on defense.
- The Mountaineers have forced nine total turnovers (62nd in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 10 times (74th in the FBS) for a turnover margin of -1, 76th-ranked in college football.
- With 350.2 total yards per game on offense, Old Dominion ranks 97th in the FBS in 2023. Defensively, it ranks 63rd, surrendering 370.8 total yards per contest.
- Old Dominion is compiling 23.5 points per game on offense this season (98th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 26.2 points per game (73rd-ranked) on defense.
- With 198.5 passing yards per game on offense, the Monarchs rank 101st in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 86th, allowing 237.3 passing yards per game.
- From an offensive perspective, Old Dominion is generating 151.7 rushing yards per contest (68th-ranked). It ranks 61st in the FBS on defense (133.5 rushing yards allowed per game).
- The Monarchs are putting up a 37.2% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (93rd-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing a 35.9% third-down rate (50th-ranked) on defense.
- Old Dominion has forced eight turnovers this season and have turned the ball over 13 times, resulting in a -5 turnover margin that is 14th-worst in the FBS.
- Joey Aguilar has passed for 1,530 yards, 14 touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He averages 255.0 yards per game and 7.8 per attempt, while completing 60.0% of his attempts.
- He has added 138 rushing yards (23.0 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- Nate Noel’s rushing statline this season includes 639 yards and four TDs. He’s averaging 106.5 yards per game and 5.1 per attempt (114th in the FBS).
- Kaedin Robinson has three touchdown catches this season, and has 25 catches for 327 yards on 34 targets, while averaging 4.2 catches and 54.5 yards per game.
- Grant Wilson has thrown for 838 yards this year, with seven touchdowns and five interceptions. He is completing 50.5% of his passes while averaging 139.7 yards per game and 8.5 per attempt.
- Kadarius Calloway has scored three rushing touchdowns, while totaling 354 rushing yards (12.6 per carry and 59.0 per game).
- Keshawn Wicks has rushed for two touchdowns this year, and has totaled 279 rushing yards (46.5 per game and 4.9 per attempt).
- Wicks’ offensive output includes seven receptions (1.2 per game) on seven targets for 47 yards (7.8 per game) and one receiving touchdown.