Oddsmakers heavily favor the Bowling Green Falcons (5-4) when they visit the Kent State Golden Flashes (1-8) on Wednesday, November 8, 2023 in a matchup between MAC opponents at Dix Stadium. Bowling Green is favored by 10.5 points. The over/under is set at 41.5 points for the game.
Go to CBS Sports to watch the Falcons take on the Golden Flashes.
Falcons vs. Golden Flashes Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Kent, Ohio
- Venue: Dix Stadium
- The Falcons own the 23rd-best defense this season in terms of total yards (325.4 yards allowed per game), but they rank 10th-worst offensively (298.6 yards per game).
- The Falcons are averaging 22.4 points per game on offense (101st in the FBS), and they rank 62nd on the other side of the ball with 24.6 points allowed per game.
- Bowling Green owns the 18th-best pass defense this season (180.7 passing yards allowed per game), but ranks 11th-worst on offense (156.7 passing yards per game).
- The Falcons are averaging 141.9 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 86th in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 65th, surrendering 144.8 rushing yards per contest.
- Bowling Green has been a bottom-25 offense on third down this year, ranking 20th-worst with a 32.7% third-down conversion rate. On the defensive side of the ball, the Falcons rank 92nd in the FBS (41.6% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- With 15 forced turnovers (ninth in the FBS) against 15 turnovers committed (117th in the FBS), the Falcons (0) own the 66th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Golden Flashes Insights
- Kent State has been struggling on offense, ranking third-worst with 269.6 total yards per game. It has been more productive on the other side of the ball, allowing 379.7 total yards per contest (74th-ranked).
- Kent State has been unproductive on both offense and defense this season, ranking worst in points (14.1 per game) and 16th-worst in points allowed (32.8 per game).
- The Golden Flashes’ passing offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, compiling 152.1 passing yards per game, which ranks 10th-worst in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 59th with 224.1 passing yards allowed per contest.
- Kent State ranks 25th-worst in rushing yards per game (117.4), but it has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 82nd in the FBS with 155.6 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, this season has been hard for the Golden Flashes on both sides of the ball, as they are posting a 30.3% third-down conversion percentage (seventh-worst) and surrendering a 49.2% conversion rate (fourth-worst).
- With six forced turnovers (116th in the FBS) and five turnovers committed (ninth in the FBS) this season, Kent State ranks 58th in the FBS with a turnover margin of +1.
- Terion Stewart’s rushing stat line this season includes 762 yards and eight TDs. He’s averaging 84.7 yards per game and 6.1 per attempt (37th in the FBS).
- Connor Bazelak has passed for 1,018 yards, seven touchdowns and six interceptions this year. He averages 127.3 yards per game and 6.3 per attempt, while completing 58.0%.
- Through nine games, Taron Keith has picked up 157 rushing yards, averaging 17.4 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Keith has totaled 27 catches on zero targets for 259 yards, with two receiving TDs.
Golden Flashes Leaders
- So far this year, Chrishon McCray has 41 receptions for 610 yards with four receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted zero times and averages 4.6 catches per game in nine games played.
- In seven games, Tommy Ulatowski has 437 passing yards, while throwing six touchdowns against one interception and completing 47.9% of his passes.
- He has also added 123 rushing yards (fourth on the Golden Flashes), while scoring one touchdown on the ground (averaging 17.6 yards per game and 3.5 per carry).
- Gavin Garcia has rushed for two touchdowns this year, and has totaled 407 rushing yards (45.2 per game and 3.9 per attempt).