Oddsmakers expect a tight game when the UAB Blazers (2-6) host the Florida Atlantic Owls (4-4) on Saturday, November 4, 2023 in a matchup between AAC opponents at Protective Stadium. UAB is favored by 1 point. The total has been set at 59 points for this game.
Go to ESPN+ to watch the Blazers play the Owls.
Blazers vs. Owls Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Birmingham, Alabama
- Venue: Protective Stadium
- With 419.6 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 21st-worst in the FBS, the Blazers have been forced to rely on their 36th-ranked offense (431.9 yards per contest) to keep them in games.
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 scoring defense that ranks fourth-worst in the FBS (37.6 points allowed per game), the Blazers have had more success on the other side of the ball, ranking 63rd in the FBS by totaling 29.0 points per game.
- UAB is averaging 278.9 passing yards per game on offense (30th in the FBS), and ranks 53rd defensively with 217.8 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Blazers have the 73rd-ranked rushing offense this year (153.0 rushing yards per game), and they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking ninth-worst with 201.9 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Despite having a bottom-25 defense on third down that ranks worst in the FBS (54.8% third-down conversion rate), UAB has put up better results offensively, ranking 69th in the FBS by putting up a 39.6% third-down conversion rate.
- The Blazers rank 74th in college football with a -1 turnover margin after forcing 13 turnovers (19th in the FBS) and committing 14 (116th in the FBS).
- With 351.8 total yards per game on offense, Florida Atlantic ranks 93rd in the FBS in 2023. On defense, it ranks 87th, giving up 389.8 total yards per contest.
- Florida Atlantic is compiling 25.9 points per game on offense this season (77th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 23.9 points per contest (55th-ranked) on defense.
- The Owls rank 69th in the FBS with 226.5 passing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 64th with 227.0 passing yards allowed per game on defense.
- Florida Atlantic ranks 104th in the FBS with 125.3 rushing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 91st with 162.8 rushing yards ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- From an offensive angle, the Owls are generating a 37.9% third-down conversion rate (85th-ranked). They rank 66th in the FBS defensively (37.3% third-down rate allowed).
- After forcing 11 turnovers (41st in the FBS) and turning the ball over 14 times (116th in the FBS) this season, Florida Atlantic sports the 95th-ranked turnover margin of -3.
- Jacob Zeno has passed for 1,905 yards, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions this year. He averages 272.1 yards per game and 7.5 per attempt, while completing 74.4% of his attempts.
- In addition to his passing statistics, Zeno has 135 rushing yards (third on the Blazers), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Jermaine Brown Jr.’s rushing output this season includes 410 yards and nine TDs. He is averaging 51.3 yards per game and 4.9 per attempt (150th in the FBS).
- He’s also hauled in 26 passes (on zero targets) for 271 receiving yards with zero touchdowns. He’s averaging 33.9 receiving yards and 3.3 catches per game.
- Through eight games played, Tejhaun Palmer is averaging 53.8 yards and 3.4 receptions per game to total 430 receiving yards and 27 catches. He’s been targeted zero times, and has four receiving touchdowns.
- LaJohntay Wester has totaled 785 receiving yards and five touchdowns on 76 receptions (second in the FBS), while being targeted zero times this season.
- Larry McCammon III averages 77.0 rushing yards per game through seven games (539 total yards), while scoring five rushing touchdowns.
- McCammon III has added 20 receptions (2.9 per game) for 175 yards (25.0 per game), without a receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted zero times in the passing game.
- Daniel Richardson has passed for 1,262 yards this year, eight touchdowns and seven interceptions. He is completing 64.6% of his passes while averaging 180.3 yards per game and 6.0 per attempt.