Oddsmakers project a tight contest between MWC foes when the Fresno State Bulldogs (7-1) host the Boise State Broncos (4-4) on Saturday, November 4, 2023 at Bulldog Stadium (CA). Boise State is a 2.5-point underdogs. The contest has a point total set at 54.
You should check out CBS Sports in order to see this matchup.
Bulldogs vs. Broncos Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Fresno, California
- Venue: Bulldog Stadium (CA)
- Offensively, the Bulldogs rank 58th in the FBS with 403.4 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 40th in total defense (341.8 yards allowed per contest).
- The Bulldogs are totaling 33.6 points per game on offense, which ranks them 29th in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 34th, allowing 20.6 points per contest.
- Fresno State has the 59th-ranked defense this season in terms of passing yards (221.8 allowed per game), and has been better offensively, ranking 15th-best with 295.8 passing yards per game.
- While the Bulldogs’ run defense ranks 36th with 120.0 rushing yards allowed per game, they’ve been less successful on offense, ranking 17th-worst (107.6 rushing yards per game).
- Fresno State ranks 49th in third-down defense this season (36.3% third-down conversion rate allowed), but has been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking eighth-best in the FBS with a 50.8% third-down conversion rate.
- The Bulldogs have forced 16 total turnovers (third in the FBS) this season and have turned it over seven times (31st in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +9, the fifth-best in college football.
- Boise State ranks 42nd with 427.6 total yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 85th with 388.8 total yards allowed per contest on defense.
- From an offensive standpoint, Boise State is generating 30.0 points per game (57th-ranked). It ranks 88th in the FBS on defense (27.9 points allowed per game).
- The Broncos rank 63rd in passing yards per game (232.3), but they’ve been worse on the defensive side of the ball, ranking ninth-worst in the FBS with 276.9 passing yards allowed per contest.
- Boise State has been a top-25 run unit on both sides of the ball this season, as it ranks 21st-best in rushing yards per game (195.4) and 25th-best in rushing yards allowed per game (111.9).
- The Broncos’ third-down offense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank 23rd-best in the FBS with a 45.2% third-down conversion rate. In terms of defense, they are surrendering a 37.4% third-down rate, which ranks 68th.
- At 0, Boise State sports the 64th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with nine forced turnovers (67th in the FBS) and nine turnovers committed (56th in the FBS).
- Mikey Keene has 1,942 passing yards, 19 touchdowns and six interceptions this year. He has completed 67.8% of his attempts, averaging 242.8 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- Malik Sherrod averages 5.5 yards per carry (87th in the FBS) and 69.7 yards per game, and has 488 total rushing yards. He has scored five rushing TDs this season.
- Sherrod has 21 catches on zero targets for 105 yards. He has one receiving TD.
- Erik Brooks has five touchdown catches this season, and has 40 receptions for 557 yards on zero targets, while averaging 5.0 catches and 69.6 yards per game.
- Ashton Jeanty averages 115.1 rushing yards per game this year (921 total yards to rank ninth in the FBS), while scoring 11 rushing touchdowns.
- On top of his impact in the run game, Jeanty has caught 30 passes (on zero targets) for 396 yards (second on the Broncos), with four receiving touchdowns. He’s averaging 49.5 yards per game.
- In eight games, Taylen Green has 1,110 passing yards, while throwing six touchdowns against five interceptions and completing 52.9% of his passes.
- Green also has five rushing touchdowns and 260 rushing yards (second on the Broncos).
- So far this season, Eric McAlister has caught 39 passes for 788 receiving yards with five touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted zero total times and is averaging 4.9 receptions per game in eight games played.