The Liberty Flames (8-0) host the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (3-6) on Saturday, November 4, 2023 in a matchup between CUSA rivals at Williams Stadium (VA). Louisiana Tech is a two-touchdown underdog. The point total is set at 59.
Interested in watching the matchup between the Flames and Bulldogs? You can do so on CBS Sports.
Flames vs. Bulldogs Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Lynchburg, Virginia
- Venue: Williams Stadium (VA)
- The Flames own the 50th-ranked defense this season (350.5 yards allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking eighth-best with 489.6 yards per game.
- The Flames rank 37th in scoring defense this season (20.9 points allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking 14th-best in the FBS with 37.0 points per game.
- Liberty is totaling 207.8 passing yards per game on offense (91st in the FBS), and ranks 72nd on defense with 233.1 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Flames rank 30th in run defense this year (117.4 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking second-best in the FBS with 281.9 rushing yards per game.
- Liberty ranks 61st in third-down defense this year (37.1% third-down percentage allowed), but has been shining on offense, ranking 19th-best in the FBS with a 46.3% third-down conversion rate.
- The Flames own the second-best turnover margin in college football at +11, forcing 18 turnovers (first in the FBS) while turning it over seven times (31st in the FBS).
- Louisiana Tech is putting up 382.8 total yards per contest on offense this season (72nd-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 375.4 total yards per contest (68th-ranked).
- From an offensive angle, Louisiana Tech is putting up 26.3 points per contest (73rd-ranked). It ranks 83rd in the FBS on defense (27.4 points given up per game).
- The Bulldogs have been thriving on pass defense, allowing just 172.4 passing yards per contest (12th-best). Offensively, they rank 58th in the FBS by putting up 242.6 passing yards per game.
- Louisiana Tech has been struggling to stop the run, ranking eighth-worst with 203.0 rushing yards given up per game. It has been more effective on offense, generating 140.2 rushing yards per contest (90th-ranked).
- The Bulldogs rank 10th-worst in third-down conversion percentage (30.5%), but they’ve been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 64th in the FBS with a 37.2% third-down rate allowed.
- Louisiana Tech has recorded seven forced turnovers (99th in the FBS) and committed nine turnovers (56th in the FBS) this season for a -2 turnover margin that ranks 85th in the FBS.
- Kaidon Salter has thrown for 1,662 yards, 19 touchdowns (ninth in the FBS) and three interceptions this year. He averages 207.8 yards per game and 10.0 per attempt, while completing 58.7% of his passes.
- He has also rushed for 614 yards (second on the Flames) and added seven touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 76.8 rushing yards per game.
- Quinton Cooley averages 5.8 yards per carry (62nd in the FBS) and 100.3 yards per game, and has 802 total rushing yards. He has recorded seven rushing TDs this season.
- Through eight games played, C.J. Daniels is averaging 72.0 yards and 3.4 receptions per game to total 576 receiving yards and 27 catches. He’s been targeted zero times, and has five receiving touchdowns.
- So far this year, Smoke Harris has 62 receptions (fifth in the FBS) for 637 yards with three receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted zero times and averages 6.9 catches per game in nine games played.
- Hank Bachmeier has 1,172 passing yards, seven touchdowns and two interceptions. His completion percentage is 67.5% and he averages 195.3 yards per game and 7.5 per attempt.
- So far this season through five games, Tyre Shelton has racked up 475 rushing yards (leading the Bulldogs) and scored five rushing touchdowns. He averages 95.0 yards per game and 7.0 per carry (19th in the FBS).