The Arkansas State Red Wolves (4-4) are touchdown underdogs in a road Sun Belt matchup against the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (5-3) on Saturday, November 4, 2023 at Centennial Bank Stadium. The point total for the game is set at 61.
The Ragin’ Cajuns’ game versus the Red Wolves will be available on ESPN+.
Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Red Wolves Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Venue: Centennial Bank Stadium
Ragin’ Cajuns Insights
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 47th in total offense (416.6 yards per game) and 78th in total defense (383.4 yards allowed per game) this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns are averaging 32.9 points per game on offense, which ranks them 34th in the FBS. On the other side of the ball, they rank 79th, surrendering 26.9 points per contest.
- Louisiana is putting up 201.4 passing yards per game on offense this season (99th in the FBS), and is surrendering 237.4 passing yards per game (90th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 71st in run defense this year (146.0 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking 10th-best in the FBS with 215.3 rushing yards per game.
- Louisiana is putting up a 43.3% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 37th in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, the defense ranks 78th, giving up a 38.3% third-down conversion rate.
- With nine forced turnovers (67th in the FBS) against 12 turnovers committed (96th in the FBS), the Ragin’ Cajuns’ -3 turnover margin ranks 95th in college football.
Red Wolves Insights
- Arkansas State has sputtering defensively, ranking seventh-worst with 455.9 total yards allowed per game. It has been more productive offensively, regstering 373.5 total yards per contest (79th-ranked).
- Arkansas State has been sputtering defensively, ranking 13th-worst with 33.8 points given up per game. It has been better offensively, compiling 23.0 points per contest (97th-ranked).
- The Red Wolves have been struggling against the pass, ranking 13th-worst with 269.0 passing yards surrendered per game. They have been more effective on offense, regstering 230.3 passing yards per contest (65th-ranked).
- Arkansas State’s defense has been bottom-25 in run defense this season, ceding 186.9 rushing yards per game, which ranks 14th-worst in the FBS. On the offensive side of the ball, it ranks 88th with 143.3 rushing yards per contest.
- The Red Wolves rank 25th-worst in third-down conversion percentage (33.7%), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 92nd in the FBS with a 41.2% third-down rate allowed.
- Arkansas State sports a bottom-25 turnover margin this season, 13th-worst at -6.
Ragin’ Cajuns Leaders
- Zeon Chriss has passed for 1,051 yards, 10 touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He averages 150.1 yards per game and 7.7 per attempt, while completing 66.2% of his passes.
- In addition to his passing stats, Chriss has 476 rushing yards (second on the Ragin’ Cajuns), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Jacob Kibodi averages 6.7 yards per carry (22nd in the FBS) and 73.1 yards per game, and has 585 total rushing yards. He has scored six rushing TDs this season.
- Kibodi has six catches on zero targets for 66 yards. He has one receiving TD.
- Ben Wooldridge has 508 passing yards through three games this year, averaging 169.3 per game with a 56.5% completion percentage and five touchdowns against one interception.
- He has added 77 rushing yards (25.7 per game) and two touchdowns on the ground.
Red Wolves Leaders
- Jaylen Raynor has thrown for 1,454 yards this year, with 13 touchdowns and four interceptions. He is completing 58.3% of his passes while averaging 242.3 yards per game and 10.1 per attempt.
- He’s added 271 yards on the ground (third on the Red Wolves), with three rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 45.2 yards per game and 3.9 per attempt.
- Courtney Jackson has 433 receiving yards and six touchdowns on 23 receptions, while being targeted zero times.
- So far this season in eight games, Ja’Quez Cross has racked up 412 rushing yards (leading the Red Wolves) and scored three rushing touchdowns. He averages 51.5 yards per game and 5.9 per carry (55th in the FBS).