The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (4-2) are favored by 3.5 points when they play host to the Georgia State Panthers (5-1) in Sun Belt action on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at Cajun Field. The point total is 62 for the outing.
Tune in to ESPNU to watch the Ragin’ Cajuns take on the Panthers.
Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Panthers Game Info
- Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Lafayette, Louisiana
- Venue: Cajun Field
Ragin’ Cajuns Insights
- On offense, the Ragin’ Cajuns have been a top-25 unit, ranking 25th-best in the FBS by putting up 448.3 yards per game. They rank 61st on defense (369.2 yards allowed per game).
- On offense, the Ragin’ Cajuns have been a top-25 unit, ranking 24th-best in the FBS by compiling 35.5 points per game. They rank 95th on defense (29.2 points allowed per game).
- Offensively, Louisiana ranks 78th in the FBS with 223.7 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 55th in passing yards allowed per contest (217.3).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns sport the 84th-ranked defense this season in terms of rushing yards (151.8 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking seventh-best with 224.7 rushing yards per game.
- Louisiana is putting up a 44.4% third-down percentage on offense (36th in the FBS), and ranks 31st defensively with a 33.7% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have the 22nd-worst turnover margin in college football at -4, forcing eight turnovers (80th in the FBS) while turning it over 12 times (101st in the FBS).
- From an offensive perspective, Georgia State is accumulating 421.8 total yards per contest (47th-ranked). It ranks 106th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (411.8 total yards surrendered per game).
- Georgia State is putting up 32.7 points per game on offense this season (41st-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 23.8 points per game (59th-ranked) on defense.
- The Panthers have been struggling to stop the pass, ranking seventh-worst with 300.7 passing yards given up per game. They have been more productive offensively, regstering 236.8 passing yards per contest (64th-ranked).
- Georgia State ranks 36th in the FBS with 185.0 rushing yards per game on offense, and it ranks 27th with 111.2 rushing yards surrendered per game on defense.
- While the Panthers’ third-down defense has been stuck in neutral, ranking 13th-worst by surrendering a 46.7% third-down conversion percentage, their offense ranks 13th-best with a 50.0% third-down rate.
- Georgia State has generated nine forced turnovers this season and have turned it over five times, resulting in a +4 turnover margin, which ranks 25th-best in the FBS.
Ragin’ Cajuns Leaders
- Zeon Chriss has 800 passing yards through six games this year, averaging 133.3 per game with a 69.2% completion percentage and seven touchdowns against four interceptions.
- To go along with his passing stats, Chriss has 327 rushing yards (second on the Ragin’ Cajuns), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Jacob Kibodi has racked up 439 rushing yards with four touchdowns (73.2 yards per game across six games). His 8.6 yards per attempt lead in college football.
- Kibodi’s five targets through the air have turned into three catches (0.5 per game) for 57 yards (9.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Ben Wooldridge has 508 passing yards, five touchdowns and one interception this year. He has completed 56.5% of his attempts, averaging 84.7 yards per game and 7.4 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 77 yards (fifth on the Ragin’ Cajuns) and added two touchdowns on the ground, averaging 12.8 yards per game.
- Darren Grainger has passed for 1,421 yards this year, with eight touchdowns and two interceptions. He is completing 68.5% of his passes while averaging 236.8 yards per game and 8.6 per attempt.
- He’s added 350 yards on the ground (second on the Panthers), with five rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 58.3 yards per game and 5.0 per attempt.
- Marcus Carroll has 742 rushing yards (leading the Panthers and eighth in the FBS) and 10 rushing touchdowns, while averaging 123.7 yards per game and 5.2 per carry (104th in the FBS).
- Carroll also has 11 catches for 91 yards (fifth on the Panthers). He has been targeted 13 times and averages 15.2 yards per game.
- Robert Lewis has recorded 536 receiving yards and five touchdowns on 30 receptions, while being targeted 44 times on the season.