Sun Belt foes square off when the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (5-4) host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (2-7) on Thursday, November 9, 2023 at Cajun Field. Louisiana is favored by 8.5 points. This matchup has an over/under of 52 points.
You should head to ESPNU in order to see this game.
Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Golden Eagles Game Info
- Date: Thursday, November 9, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Lafayette, Louisiana
- Venue: Cajun Field
Ragin’ Cajuns Insights
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 53rd in total offense (406.7 yards per game) and 81st in total defense (388.3 yards allowed per game) this year.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 42nd in scoring offense (31.1 points per game) and 86th in scoring defense (28.0 points allowed per game) this year.
- Louisiana is putting up 208.2 passing yards per game offensively this year (89th in the FBS), and is allowing 232.6 passing yards per game (73rd) on the other side of the ball.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 82nd in run defense this season (155.8 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking 20th-best in the FBS with 198.4 rushing yards per game.
- Louisiana is averaging a 41.7% third-down conversion rate offensively this year (49th in the FBS), and is allowing a 40.5% third-down conversion rate (91st) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns own the 101st-ranked turnover margin in college football at -4, forcing nine turnovers (82nd in the FBS) while turning it over 13 times (102nd in the FBS).
Golden Eagles Insights
- Southern Miss ranks 78th in total yards per game (370.1), but it has been less effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 18th-worst in the FBS with 428.0 total yards allowed per contest.
- Southern Miss ranks 96th in points per game (23.0), but it has been less productive defensively, ranking seventh-worst in the FBS with 35.8 points ceded per contest.
- The Golden Eagles are accumulating 206.0 passing yards per game on offense this season (92nd-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 242.3 passing yards per game (98th-ranked) on defense.
- Southern Miss has been struggling to stop the run, ranking 15th-worst with 185.7 rushing yards allowed per game. It has been more productive offensively, generating 164.1 rushing yards per contest (59th-ranked).
- The Golden Eagles are posting a 37.4% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (86th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing a 40.2% third-down rate (89th-ranked) on defense.
- At +3, Southern Miss owns the 33rd-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 11 forced turnovers (49th in the FBS) and eight turnovers committed (36th in the FBS).
Ragin’ Cajuns Leaders
- Zeon Chriss has 1,222 passing yards through eight games this year, averaging 152.8 per game with a 66.7% completion percentage and 11 touchdowns against five interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 492 yards (second on the Ragin’ Cajuns) and added six touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 61.5 rushing yards per game.
- Jacob Kibodi’s rushing output this season includes 611 yards and six TDs. He’s averaging 67.9 yards per game and 6.6 per attempt (20th in the FBS).
- He’s also hauled in six passes (on zero targets) for 66 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 7.3 receiving yards and 0.7 catches per game.
- In eight games played, Peter Leblanc is averaging 46.9 yards and 2.9 receptions per game on the way to 375 receiving yards and 23 catches. He’s been targeted zero times, and has four receiving touchdowns.
Golden Eagles Leaders
- Frank Gore Jr. averages 90.2 rushing yards per game this year (812 total yards), while scoring seven rushing touchdowns.
- Gore Jr. has also been a part of the passing attack with 121 yards (13.4 per game) on 15 receptions (1.7 per game), while being targeted zero times. He has one receiving touchdown.
- In nine games, Billy Wiles has 1,746 passing yards, with nine touchdowns against six interceptions and completing 52.8% of his attempts.
- In eight games played this season, Jakarius Caston has 27 catches (3.4 receptions per game on zero targets per game) for 460 yards and four receiving touchdowns.