Oddsmakers massively favor the Miami (OH) RedHawks (7-2) when they host the Akron Zips (2-7) on Wednesday, November 8, 2023 in a matchup between MAC rivals at Yager Stadium. Miami (OH) is favored by 17 points. The over/under is set at 38 points for the outing.
You should head to ESPNU in order to watch this game.
RedHawks vs. Zips Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Athens, Ohio
- Venue: Yager Stadium
- From an offensive standpoint, the RedHawks rank 89th in the FBS with 358.8 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 37th in total defense (335.8 yards allowed per contest).
- Defensively, the RedHawks have been a top-25 unit, ranking 23rd-best by allowing only 19.0 points per game. They rank 56th on offense (29.8 points per game).
- Miami (OH) is compiling 199.7 passing yards per game on offense (103rd in the FBS), and ranks 46th defensively with 208.6 passing yards allowed per game.
- On offense, the RedHawks rank 70th in the FBS with 159.1 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 40th in rushing yards allowed per contest (127.2).
- On the defensive side of the ball, Miami (OH) has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 17th-best by giving up a 31.4% third-down percentage. The team’s offense ranks 45th (42.1% third-down percentage).
- The RedHawks have the 73rd-ranked turnover margin in college football at -1, forcing six turnovers (116th in the FBS) while turning it over seven times (23rd in the FBS).
- Akron’s offense has been a bottom-25 unit in total offense this season, generating 291.7 total yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 40th with 343.2 total yards allowed per contest.
- Akron has not been getting things done offensively, ranking fifth-worst in the FBS with 17.1 points per game. It has been better on defense, giving up 29.1 points per contest (100th-ranked).
- In terms of passing, the Zips rank 103rd in the FBS (199.7 passing yards per game) and 31st on the other side of the ball (197.2 passing yards allowed per contest).
- Akron’s rushing offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, compiling 92.0 rushing yards per game, which ranks seventh-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 68th with 146.0 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
- The Zips’ third-down offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, posting a 32.3% third-down rate, which ranks 19th-worst in the FBS. On defense, they rank 50th with a 36.5% third-down rate surrendered.
- Akron has forced 10 turnovers this season and have turned the ball over 15 times, resulting in a -5 turnover margin that is 22nd-worst in the FBS.
- Brett Gabbert has passed for 1,634 yards, 14 touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He is averaging 204.3 yards per game and 8.7 per attempt, while completing 59.0% of his passes.
- In addition to his passing statistics, Gabbert also has 140 rushing yards (third on the RedHawks), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Gage Larvadain has caught 33 passes on zero targets for 613 total yards and seven touchdowns. He is averaging 4.7 catches and 87.6 yards per game through seven games.
- Rashad Amos has 576 rushing yards with five touchdowns (64.0 yards per game through nine games).
- Lorenzo Lingard averages 54.9 rushing yards per game this year (494 total yards), while scoring three rushing touchdowns.
- Lingard has also figured into the passing game with 267 yards (29.7 per game) on 23 receptions (2.6 per game), while being targeted zero times. He has one receiving touchdown.
- In five games, DJ Irons has 722 passing yards, while throwing three touchdowns against three interceptions and completing 66.2% of his passes.
- Irons also has two rushing touchdowns and 225 rushing yards (second on the Zips).
- Daniel George has put up 402 receiving yards and one touchdown on 40 receptions, while being targeted zero times this season.