The Ball State Cardinals (2-7) are 8.5-point underdogs in a home MAC matchup with the Northern Illinois Huskies (4-5) on Tuesday, November 7, 2023 at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium. The over/under is set at 43.5 points for the game.
Tune in to CBS Sports to see the Huskies play the Cardinals.
Huskies vs. Cardinals Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, November 7, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: DeKalb, Illinois
- Venue: Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium
- The Huskies rank 84th in total offense this year (362.2 yards per game), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking 25th-best in the FBS with 362.2 yards allowed per game.
- The Huskies are totaling 25.0 points per game on offense this season (81st in the FBS), and they are allowing 23.0 points per game (46th) on defense.
- Northern Illinois ranks 102nd in passing yards this season (201.3 per game), but has been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the FBS with 158.8 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Huskies rank 63rd in run offense (160.9 rushing yards per game) and 96th in run defense (167.0 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Northern Illinois is putting up a 38.5% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (74th in the FBS), and is allowing a 37.6% third-down percentage (64th) on the other side of the ball.
- With 12 forced turnovers (32nd in the FBS) against 10 turnovers committed (63rd in the FBS), the Huskies (+2) have the 47th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
- Ball State has been sputtering offensively, ranking sixth-worst with 294.0 total yards per game. It has been more effective on the other side of the ball, allowing 353.1 total yards per contest (48th-ranked).
- Ball State’s offense has been bottom-25 this season, compiling 16.7 points per game, which ranks second-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, it ranks 91st with 28.4 points ceded per contest.
- The Cardinals’ passing offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, putting up 149.6 passing yards per game, which ranks eighth-worst in the FBS. On defense, they rank 68th with 230.2 passing yards ceded per contest.
- Ball State ranks 83rd in the FBS with 144.4 rushing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 33rd with 122.9 rushing yards given up per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- With a 36.1% third-down conversion rate on offense, the Cardinals rank 97th in the FBS. On defense, they rank 78th, surrendering a 39.5% third-down rate.
- Ball State sports a bottom-25 turnover margin this season, 22nd-worst at -5.
- Antario Brown has racked up 841 rushing yards with seven touchdowns (93.4 yards per game over nine games). His 6.1 yards per attempt rank 37th in college football.
- He has also caught 10 passes (on zero targets) for 44 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 4.9 receving yards and 1.1 catches per game.
- Rocky Lombardi has thrown for 1,658 yards, nine touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He averages 184.2 yards per game and 7.0 per attempt, while completing 58.0%.
- He has rushed for 45 yards (sixth on the Huskies) and added three touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 5.0 rushing yards per game.
- Gavin Williams’ output on the ground this season includes 287 yards and three TDs. He’s averaging 31.9 yards per game and 4.9 per attempt (153rd in the FBS).
- Williams has totaled 19 catches on zero targets for 114 yards, but he has yet to score a receiving touchdown.
- Marquez Cooper has rushed for three touchdowns this year, and has racked up 674 total rushing yards (74.9 per game and 4.6 per attempt).
- Cooper’s contributions include 15 receptions (1.7 per game) on zero targets for 133 yards (14.8 per game), but he has not scored a touchdown in the passing game.
- Kiael Kelly has 300 passing yards, zero touchdowns and one interception. His completion percentage is 50.0% and he averages 33.3 yards per game and 4.5 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 433 rushing yards (second on the Cardinals), with four touchdowns on the ground (averaging 48.1 yards per game and 5.2 per carry).
- Layne Hatcher has passed for 566 yards this year, four touchdowns and zero interceptions. He is completing 65.3% of his attempts while averaging 113.2 yards per game and 6.0 per attempt.