Oddsmakers project a close contest when the Old Dominion Monarchs (4-4) host the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (5-3) on Saturday, November 4, 2023 in a matchup between Sun Belt foes at S.B. Ballard Stadium. Old Dominion is favored by 1 point. The game has a point total set at 51.5.
The matchup featuring the Monarchs and Chanticleers will be available on ESPN+.
Monarchs vs. Chanticleers Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Norfolk, Virginia
- Venue: S.B. Ballard Stadium
- The Monarchs are totaling 365.9 yards per game on offense (82nd in the FBS), and they rank 78th defensively with 383.4 yards allowed per game.
- The Monarchs are putting up 24.5 points per game offensively this season (90th in the FBS), and they are allowing 26.0 points per game (72nd) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Old Dominion sports the 93rd-ranked passing offense this season (207.0 passing yards per game), and has been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 24th-worst with 252.0 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Monarchs are compiling 158.9 rushing yards per game on offense (66th in the FBS), and they rank 49th on defense with 131.4 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Old Dominion ranks 67th in third-down efficiency (39.8%) on offense and 29th in third-down percentage allowed (33.6%) on defense this season.
- With nine forced turnovers (67th in the FBS) against 13 turnovers committed (109th in the FBS), the Monarchs (-4) own the 103rd-ranked turnover margin in college football.
- Coastal Carolina’s offense has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 25th-best in the FBS with 447.1 total yards per game. In terms of defense, it is ceding 386.1 total yards per game, which ranks 84th.
- From an offensive angle, Coastal Carolina is accumulating 30.3 points per contest (56th-ranked). It ranks 34th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (20.6 points allowed per game).
- The Chanticleers’ pass defense ranks 100th in the FBS with 245.1 passing yards given up per game, but they’ve been lifted up by their offense, which ranks 19th-best by compiling 291.3 passing yards per contest.
- In terms of rushing, Coastal Carolina ranks 69th in the FBS on offense (155.9 rushing yards per game) and 61st on defense (141.0 rushing yards allowed per game).
- From an offensive angle, the Chanticleers are putting up a 43.9% third-down conversion rate (34th-ranked). They rank 82nd in the FBS on defense (39.3% third-down rate allowed).
- Coastal Carolina has compiled 14 forced turnovers this season and have turned it over nine times, resulting in a +5 turnover margin, which ranks 19th-best in the FBS.
- Grant Wilson has 1,303 passing yards through seven games this year, averaging 186.1 per game with a 58.8% completion percentage and 10 touchdowns against five interceptions.
- To go along with his passing stats, Wilson also has 36 rushing yards (sixth on the Monarchs), with one rushing touchdown.
- Kadarius Calloway averages 9.0 yards per carry (second in the FBS) and 87.2 yards per game, and has 523 total rushing yards. He has scored four rushing TDs this season.
- Calloway has seven receptions on zero targets for 44 yards. He has one receiving TD.
- In seven games, Keshawn Wicks has picked up 435 rushing yards, averaging 62.1 yards per game and scoring four touchdowns.
- Wicks has totaled 10 receptions on zero targets for 72 yards, with one receiving TD.
- Grayson McCall is averaging 8.6 passing yards per attempt (33rd in the FBS) and 274.1 yards per game this year, completing 67.4% of his passes on the way to 1,919 total yards, 10 touchdowns and six interceptions through seven games.
- Jared Brown has put together a 2023 stat sheet that includes 38 catches for 528 yards and three receiving touchdowns in eight games played. He has been on the receiving end of zero targets and is averaging 4.8 receptions per game.
- Sam Pinckney has recorded 613 receiving yards and four touchdowns on 41 receptions, while being targeted zero times this season.