The Jacksonville State Gamecocks (7-2) are facing tough odds as 14-point underdogs heading into their matchup on Saturday, November 4, 2023 against the South Carolina Gamecocks (2-6). A 55-point over/under is set for the contest.
This game will be available on ESPNU.
Gamecocks vs. Gamecocks Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Columbia, South Carolina
- Venue: Williams-Brice Stadium
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 defense that ranks 18th-worst in the FBS (428.4 yards allowed per game), the South Carolina Gamecocks have put up better results on offense, ranking 73rd in the FBS by totaling 382.1 yards per game.
- With 31.5 points allowed per game on defense, which ranks 25th-worst in the FBS, the South Carolina Gamecocks have been forced to lean on their 79th-ranked offense (25.4 points per contest) to keep them in games.
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 pass defense that ranks third-worst in the FBS (307.6 passing yards allowed per game), South Carolina has had more success offensively, ranking 35th in the FBS by putting up 272.9 passing yards per game.
- The South Carolina Gamecocks have been a bottom-25 run offense this season, ranking 20th-worst with 109.3 rushing yards per game. On defense, they are ranked 37th in the FBS (120.8 rushing yards allowed per game).
- From an offensive standpoint, South Carolina ranks 78th in the FBS with a 38.5% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 75th in third-down conversion rate allowed (120.8).
- With five forced turnovers (121st in the FBS) against nine turnovers committed (56th in the FBS), the South Carolina Gamecocks (-4) have the 103rd-ranked turnover margin in college football.
- Jacksonville State is putting up 378.1 total yards per game on offense this season (78th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 348.1 total yards per contest (48th-ranked).
- Jacksonville State ranks 65th in the FBS with 28.6 points per game, but it has been carried by its defense, which ranks 22nd-best by allowing just 18.8 points per contest.
- The Jacksonville State Gamecocks rank 14th-worst in passing yards per game (159.7), but they’ve been better defensively, ranking 71st in the FBS with 231.8 passing yards surrendered per contest.
- Jacksonville State’s run defense ranks 28th in the FBS with 116.3 rushing yards allowed per contest, but it has been bolstered by its offense, which ranks seventh-best by posting 218.4 rushing yards per contest.
- The Jacksonville State Gamecocks’ defense has been thriving on third down, surrendering a 31.7% third-down conversion rate (22nd-best). Offensively, they rank 82nd in the FBS with a 38.1% third-down rate.
- Jacksonville State owns a top-25 turnover margin this season, ranking 11th-best at +7.
- Mario Anderson’s rushing stat line this season includes 468 yards and two TDs. He’s averaging 66.9 yards per game and 5.1 per attempt (126th in the FBS).
- Anderson has zero targets, 11 catches, 80 receiving yards and one TD in the passing game.
- O’Mega Blake has 15 receptions for 204 yards and one TD. Through six games, he is averaging 2.5 catches and 34.0 yards per game.
- Through four games played, Nyck Harbor is averaging 40.3 yards and 2.5 receptions per game to total 161 receiving yards and 10 catches. He’s been targeted zero times, and has one receiving touchdown.
- Through eight games played this year, Zion Webb has amassed 744 passing yards, with three touchdowns against three interceptions and completing 50.0% of his attempts.
- He’s added 460 yards on the ground (second on the Jacksonville State Gamecocks), while scoring four rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 57.5 yards per game and 5.6 per attempt.
- Through nine games, Logan Smothers has 642 passing yards, with five touchdowns against two interceptions and completing 57.3% of his passes.
- Smothers also has six rushing touchdowns and 255 rushing yards (third on the Jacksonville State Gamecocks).
- So far this season through eight games, Malik Jackson has churned out 615 rushing yards (leading the Jacksonville State Gamecocks) and scored four rushing touchdowns. He averages 76.9 yards per game and 5.4 per carry (99th in the FBS).