Sun Belt opponents meet when the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (1-7) host the UL Monroe Warhawks (2-6) on Saturday, November 4, 2023 at M.M. Roberts Stadium. Southern Miss is favored by 3 points. The over/under is set at 56 points for the game.
You’ll want to check out ESPN+ for the upcoming matchup between the Golden Eagles and Warhawks.
Golden Eagles vs. Warhawks Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Venue: M.M. Roberts Stadium
Golden Eagles Insights
- With 449.0 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 10th-worst in the FBS, the Golden Eagles have had to lean on their 88th-ranked offense (360.4 yards per contest) to keep them in games.
- With 39.4 points allowed per game on defense, which ranks worst in the FBS, the Golden Eagles have had to rely on their 98th-ranked offense (22.9 points per contest) to keep them in games.
- With 249.3 passing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 25th-worst in the FBS, Southern Miss has had to rely on their 98th-ranked passing offense (202.0 passing yards per contest) to keep them in games.
- With 199.8 rushing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 11th-worst in the FBS, the Golden Eagles have been forced to lean on their 67th-ranked running game (158.4 rushing yards per contest) to keep them competitive.
- Southern Miss is averaging a 36.1% third-down conversion rate on offense (95th in the FBS), and ranks 94th defensively with a 41.5% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- With eight forced turnovers (91st in the FBS) against seven turnovers committed (31st in the FBS), the Golden Eagles (+1) have the 54th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
- UL Monroe’s defense has been bottom-25 in total defense this season, ceding 451.5 total yards per game, which ranks ninth-worst. On the offensive side of the ball, it ranks 99th with 348.9 total yards per contest.
- UL Monroe has been unproductive on both sides of the ball this season, ranking 21st-worst in points (20.4 per game) and 16th-worst in points allowed (32.9 per game).
- The Warhawks have struggled on both sides of the ball in terms of passing this season, ranking 24th-worst in passing yards (189.6 per game) and 12th-worst in passing yards allowed (272.5 per game).
- UL Monroe has been struggling to stop the run, ranking 23rd-worst with 179.0 rushing yards given up per game. It has been more effective on offense, generating 159.3 rushing yards per contest (64th-ranked).
- In terms of third-down efficiency, this season has been hard for the Warhawks on both offense and defense, as they are putting up a 29.3% third-down conversion rate (seventh-worst) and surrendering a 50.4% conversion rate (third-worst).
- UL Monroe owns a top-25 turnover margin this season, ranking 11th-best at +7.
Golden Eagles Leaders
- On the ground, Frank Gore Jr. averages 4.9 yards per attempt (150th in the FBS) and 85.1 yards per game for 681 total rushing yards. He has recorded six rushing touchdowns this season.
- Gore Jr. has been targeted zero times in the receiving game and has 13 catches (1.6 per game) for 85 yards (10.6 per game) and one TD.
- Billy Wiles has 1,546 passing yards, eight touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He has completed 53.2% of his attempts, averaging 193.3 yards per game and 6.2 per attempt.
- Jakarius Caston has three touchdown catches this season, and has 24 catches for 368 yards on zero targets, while averaging 3.4 catches and 52.6 yards per game.
- Jiya Wright is averaging 6.2 passing yards per attempt (138th in the FBS) and 110.9 yards per game this year, completing 54.0% of his passes on the way to 776 total yards, seven touchdowns and six interceptions through seven games.
- On the ground, Wright has added one rushing touchdown and 246 rushing yards (third on the Warhawks).
- Tyrone Howell has 398 receiving yards and six touchdowns on 37 receptions, while being targeted zero times.
- Hunter Smith is averaging 47.8 rushing yards per game this season (382 total yards), while scoring three rushing touchdowns.