The Texas State Bobcats (5-3) host the Georgia Southern Eagles (6-2) on Saturday, November 4, 2023 in a matchup between Sun Belt rivals at Bobcat Stadium (TX). Georgia Southern is a 2-point underdog. The contest has a point total set at 69.
This matchup will be available on ESPN+.
Bobcats vs. Eagles Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 5:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: San Marcos, Texas
- Venue: Bobcat Stadium (TX)
- On offense, the Bobcats have been a top-25 unit, ranking 10th-best in the FBS by averaging 484.5 yards per game. They rank 107th on defense (411.5 yards allowed per game).
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Bobcats have been a top-25 unit, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS by totaling 35.1 points per game. They rank 95th on defense (28.8 points allowed per game).
- Texas State has the 26th-ranked passing offense this season (281.8 passing yards per game), and has been worse defensively, ranking 14th-worst with 266.0 passing yards allowed per game.
- On offense, the Bobcats have been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 18th-best in the FBS by averaging 202.8 per game. They rank 70th on defense (145.5 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Texas State sports the 28th-ranked third-down offense this season (44.3% third-down percentage), but has been less effective defensively, ranking eighth-worst with a 48.1% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- The Bobcats own the 103rd-ranked turnover margin in college football at -4, forcing nine turnovers (67th in the FBS) while turning it over 13 times (109th in the FBS).
- Georgia Southern’s offensive attack has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 23rd-best in the FBS with 450.4 total yards per game. In terms of defense, it is giving up 383.3 total yards per game, which ranks 77th.
- Georgia Southern ranks 28th in the FBS with 33.8 points per contest on offense, and it ranks 59th with 24.6 points given up per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Eagles’ pass defense ranks 96th in the FBS with 239.9 passing yards surrendered per game, but they’ve been lifted up by their offense, which ranks eighth-best by piling up 320.6 passing yards per contest.
- Georgia Southern ranks 100th in the FBS with 129.8 rushing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 63rd with 143.4 rushing yards ceded per game on defense.
- Things have been going well for the Eagles on both sides of the ball on third down, as they are generating a 49.2% third-down conversion rate (11th-best) and surrendering a 32.0% third-down rate (24th-best).
- After forcing 14 turnovers (10th in the FBS) and turning the ball over 16 times (130th in the FBS) this season, Georgia Southern has the 85th-ranked turnover margin of -2.
- On the ground, Ismail Mahdi averages 7.2 yards per attempt (14th in the FBS) and 106.8 yards per game for 854 total rushing yards. He has recorded eight rushing touchdowns this season.
- Mahdi has been targeted zero times in the receiving game and has 11 catches (1.4 per game) for 116 yards (14.5 per game) and one TD.
- TJ Finley has thrown for 2,104 yards, 15 touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He averages 263.0 yards per game and 8.1 per attempt, while completing 68.1%.
- He has added 50 rushing yards (6.3 per game) and three touchdowns on the ground.
- In eight games played, Joey Hobert is averaging 82.9 yards and 6.4 receptions per game to total 663 receiving yards and 51 catches. He’s been targeted zero times, and has six receiving touchdowns.
- Davis Brin has passed for 2,456 yards this year (to rank ninth in the FBS), with 17 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He is completing 66.2% of his passes while averaging 307.0 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt.
- Jalen White averages 84.4 rushing yards per game over seven games (591 total yards), while scoring six rushing touchdowns.
- White has added 13 receptions (1.9 per game) for 46 yards (6.6 per game) with one receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted zero times in the passing attack.
- So far this season, Khaleb Hood has caught 65 passes (third in the FBS) for 665 receiving yards with four touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted zero total times and is averaging 8.1 receptions per game through eight games played.