The East Carolina Pirates (1-7) are 17-point underdogs in a home AAC matchup against the No. 21 Tulane Green Wave (7-1) on Saturday, November 4, 2023 at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium. The total is 44.5 points for this matchup.
You’ll want to head to ESPNU for the upcoming game between the Green Wave and Pirates.
Green Wave vs. Pirates Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Greenville, North Carolina
- Venue: Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
Green Wave Insights
- Offensively, the Green Wave rank 54th in the FBS with 408.8 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 32nd in total defense (334.0 yards allowed per contest).
- The Green Wave are compiling 30.6 points per game on offense, which ranks them 51st in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 33rd, giving up 20.5 points per game.
- With 253.9 passing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 22nd-worst in the FBS, Tulane has had to lean on their 62nd-ranked passing offense (233.6 passing yards per contest) to keep them in games.
- On the defensive side of the ball, the Green Wave have been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking sixth-best by allowing only 80.1 per game. They rank 42nd on offense (175.1 rushing yards per game).
- Tulane is averaging a 44.3% third-down conversion rate on offense (28th in the FBS), and ranks 39th on defense with a 35.4% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- With 14 forced turnovers (10th in the FBS) against 12 turnovers committed (96th in the FBS), the Green Wave (+2) have the 41st-ranked turnover margin in college football.
- East Carolina ranks fourth-worst in total yards per game (285.5), but it has been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 53rd in the FBS with 353.1 total yards ceded per contest.
- East Carolina has been struggling on offense, ranking 11th-worst in the FBS with 18.6 points per game. It has been more productive defensively, giving up 26.3 points per contest (74th-ranked).
- The Pirates’ passing game has not been getting things done, ranking 18th-worst in the FBS with 169.0 passing yards per game. They have been more effective on defense, allowing 233.4 passing yards per contest (73rd-ranked).
- East Carolina ranks 25th-worst in rushing yards per game (116.5), but it has been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 34th in the FBS with 119.8 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- The Pirates rank 14th-worst in third-down conversion percentage (31.7%), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 90th in the FBS with a 40.5% third-down rate allowed.
- East Carolina owns a +1 turnover margin this season, which ranks 54th in the FBS.
Green Wave Leaders
- Michael Pratt has 1,384 passing yards in seven games this year, averaging 197.7 per game with a 71.3% completion percentage and 14 touchdowns against three interceptions.
- In addition to his passing statistics, Pratt also has 231 rushing yards (second on the Green Wave), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Makhi Hughes averages 5.5 yards per carry (87th in the FBS) and 96.5 yards per game, and has 772 total rushing yards. He has scored five rushing TDs this season.
- Lawrence Keys III has six touchdown catches this season, and has 29 receptions for 516 yards on zero targets, while averaging 3.6 catches and 64.5 yards per game.
- Rahjai Harris has rushed for four touchdowns this year, and has racked up 272 total rushing yards (34.0 per game and 3.3 per attempt).
- On top of his impact on the ground, Harris has caught five passes (on zero targets) for 27 yards (eighth on the Pirates), with one receiving touchdown. He’s averaging 3.4 yards per game.
- Mason Garcia has 408 passing yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. His completion percentage is 50.5% and he averages 58.3 yards per game and 4.3 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 227 rushing yards (second on the Pirates), with two touchdowns on the ground (averaging 32.4 yards per game and 4.5 per carry).
- In eight games this season, Alex Flinn has totaled 943 passing yards, with four touchdowns against seven interceptions and completing 51.1% of his attempts.