The Tulsa Golden Hurricane (3-5) host the Charlotte 49ers (2-6) on Saturday, November 4, 2023 in a matchup between AAC foes at Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium. Charlotte is a 4-point underdog. The point total is set at 47.5.
This game will be airing on ESPN+.
Golden Hurricane vs. 49ers Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Venue: Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium
Golden Hurricane Insights
- With 444.9 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 13th-worst in the FBS, the Golden Hurricane have had to lean on their 91st-ranked offense (357.3 yards per contest) to keep them in games.
- The Golden Hurricane sport the 105th-ranked scoring offense this season (22.0 points per game), and they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking eighth-worst with 35.9 points allowed per game.
- Tulsa ranks 20th-worst in passing offense (176.8 passing yards per game) and fourth-worst in passing defense (301.1 passing yards per game allowed) this season.
- The Golden Hurricane are averaging 180.5 rushing yards per game offensively this year (35th in the FBS), and they are allowing 143.8 rushing yards per game (65th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Tulsa is averaging a 42.3% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 47th in the FBS. On defense, the defense ranks 102nd, allowing a 43.3% third-down conversion rate.
- The Golden Hurricane have the 13th-worst turnover margin in college football at -6, forcing 11 turnovers (41st in the FBS) while turning it over 17 times (132nd in the FBS).
- Charlotte’s offense has been bottom-25 in total offense this season, registering 309.9 total yards per game, which ranks 14th-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 47th with 345.6 total yards surrendered per contest.
- Charlotte ranks second-worst in points per game (14.8), but it has been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 59th in the FBS with 24.6 points ceded per contest.
- The 49ers’ passing game has not been getting things done, ranking 17th-worst in the FBS with 166.1 passing yards per game. They have been more effective on defense, surrendering 200.5 passing yards per contest (31st-ranked).
- Charlotte is putting up 143.8 rushing yards per game on offense this season (86th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 145.1 rushing yards per contest (69th-ranked) on defense.
- The 49ers’ offense has not been getting things done on third down, ranking worst in the FBS with a 22.6% third-down conversion rate. They have been more productive on defense, allowing a 35.6% third-down rate (40th-ranked).
- Charlotte owns a -3 turnover margin this season, which ranks 95th in the FBS.
Golden Hurricane Leaders
- Cardell Williams has 1,088 passing yards through eight games this year, averaging 136.0 per game with a 60.3% completion percentage and 10 touchdowns against seven interceptions.
- He has tacked on 149 rushing yards (18.6 per game) and three touchdowns on the ground.
- Anthony Watkins has recorded 446 rushing yards with two touchdowns (55.8 yards per game through eight games). His 3.7 yards per attempt rank 287th in college football.
- In the passing game, Marquis Shoulders, has totaled 283 receiving yards and five touchdowns after catching 16 balls on zero targets. Per game, he’s averaging 56.6 yards and 3.2 receptions over five games.
- Jalon Jones is averaging 6.0 passing yards per attempt and 77.9 yards per game this year, completing 61.5% of his passes on the way to 623 total yards, two touchdowns and four interceptions through eight games.
- He’s added 484 yards on the ground (first on the 49ers), with four rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 60.5 yards per game and 4.7 per attempt.
- Jack Hestera has 303 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 26 receptions, while being targeted zero times.
- Trexler Ivey has thrown for 669 yards this year, three touchdowns and four interceptions. He is completing 56.4% of his passes while averaging 111.5 yards per game and 6.6 per attempt.