MWC foes square off when the Utah State Aggies (3-5) visit the San Diego State Aztecs (3-5) on Saturday, November 4, 2023 at Snapdragon Stadium. Utah State is favored by 2.5 points. The point total for the contest is set at 56.5.
This matchup will be available on FS1.
Aggies vs. Aztecs Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: FS1
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: San Diego Country Estates, California
- Venue: Snapdragon Stadium
- On offense, the Aggies have been a top-25 unit, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS by putting up 451.1 yards per game. They rank 105th on defense (410.5 yards allowed per game).
- The Aggies have struggled defensively, ranking 12th-worst in the FBS (34.0 points allowed per game) this season. However, they rank 21st-best on offense, totaling 35.3 points per game.
- On the offensive side of the ball, Utah State has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS by compiling 287.4 per game. The Aggies rank 78th on defense (234.5 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Aggies own the 57th-ranked rushing offense this year (163.8 rushing yards per game), and they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking 25th-worst with 176.0 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Utah State owns the 92nd-ranked third-down offense this year (36.4% third-down conversion rate), but has been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking 22nd-worst with a 44.6% third-down percentage allowed.
- With 12 forced turnovers (25th in the FBS) against 14 turnovers committed (116th in the FBS), the Aggies’ -2 turnover margin ranks 85th in college football.
- San Diego State has been unproductive on both offense and defense this season, ranking 20th-worst in total offense (316.5 total yards per game) and 22nd-worst in total defense (419.0 total yards allowed per game).
- San Diego State’s offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, putting up 19.6 points per game, which ranks 16th-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, it ranks 89th with 28.1 points ceded per contest.
- The Aztecs have struggled on both offense and defense in terms of passing this season, ranking 19th-worst in passing yards (170.8 per game) and 20th-worst in passing yards allowed (255.4 per game).
- In terms of rushing, San Diego State ranks 80th in the FBS on offense (145.8 rushing yards per game) and 93rd defensively (163.6 rushing yards allowed per contest).
- The Aztecs’ offense has been struggling on third down, ranking 18th-worst in the FBS with a 32.7% third-down conversion rate. They have been more productive defensively, allowing a 40.4% third-down rate (88th-ranked).
- At 0, San Diego State sports the 64th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 11 forced turnovers (41st in the FBS) and 11 turnovers committed (84th in the FBS).
- Jalen Royals has hauled in 43 passes on zero targets for 707 total yards and 10 touchdowns. He is averaging 5.4 catches and 88.4 yards per game in eight games played.
- Terrell Vaughn has 57 catches (eighth in the FBS) for 643 yards and eight TDs. Through eight games, he is averaging 7.1 catches and 80.4 yards per game.
- Cooper Legas has 1,338 passing yards, 13 touchdowns and six interceptions this year. He has completed 66.0% of his passes, averaging 223.0 yards per game and 8.7 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 74 yards (fourth on the Aggies) without scoring a touchdown on the ground, averaging 12.3 yards per game.
- Jalen Mayden is averaging 6.7 passing yards per attempt (108th in the FBS) and 166.8 yards per game this year, completing 61.3% of his passes on the way to 1,334 total yards, six touchdowns and six interceptions through eight games.
- He’s added 390 yards on the ground (first on the Aztecs), with three rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 48.8 yards per game and 4.4 per attempt.
- Jaylon Armstead has scored five rushing touchdowns, while totaling 255 rushing yards (4.3 per attempt and 36.4 per game).
- Mekhi Shaw has registered 273 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 17 receptions, while being targeted zero times this season.