AAC foes square off when the UTSA Roadrunners (5-3) visit the North Texas Mean Green (3-5) on Saturday, November 4, 2023 at Apogee Stadium. UTSA is favored by 8 points. The over/under for the game is set at 69.5.
This game will be airing on ESPN+.
Roadrunners vs. Mean Green Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Denton, Texas
- Venue: Apogee Stadium
- The Roadrunners are putting up 409.9 yards per game on offense (53rd in the FBS), and they rank 64th on defense with 370.6 yards allowed per game.
- Offensively, the Roadrunners rank 54th in the FBS with 30.5 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 65th in points allowed (370.6 points allowed per contest).
- UTSA ranks 47th in pass offense (258.0 passing yards per game) and 95th in pass defense (239.1 passing yards allowed per game) this year.
- The Roadrunners are averaging 151.9 rushing yards per game on offense (76th in the FBS), and they rank 50th on defense with 131.5 rushing yards allowed per game.
- UTSA sports the 85th-ranked defense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (40.1% third-down conversion rate allowed), and has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 14th-best with a 47.5% third-down percentage.
- The Roadrunners have the 13th-worst turnover margin in college football at -6, forcing six turnovers (111th in the FBS) while turning it over 12 times (96th in the FBS).
Mean Green Insights
- North Texas ranks second-worst in total yards allowed per game on defense (475.0), but at least it has been getting things done on the offensive side of the ball, ranking ninth-best in total yards per game (485.3).
- While North Texas’ defense has had trouble stopping opposing offenses, ranking sixth-worst by allowing 36.6 points per game, its offense ranks 19th-best with 35.5 points per contest.
- The Mean Green’s pass defense ranks 52nd in the FBS with 217.6 passing yards given up per contest, but they’ve been lifted up by their offense, which ranks 12th-best by piling up 305.4 passing yards per game.
- North Texas has been struggling against the run, ranking worst with 257.4 rushing yards surrendered per game. It has been more productive offensively, posting 179.9 rushing yards per contest (37th-ranked).
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the Mean Green rank 56th in the FBS (41.3% third-down conversion rate) and 108th defensively (43.9% third-down rate allowed).
- After forcing 11 turnovers (41st in the FBS) and turning the ball over seven times (31st in the FBS) this season, North Texas owns the 26th-ranked turnover margin of +4.
- Frank Harris has 1,588 passing yards, 13 touchdowns and six interceptions this year. He has completed 66.0% of his passes, averaging 264.7 yards per game and 7.8 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 99 yards (fourth on the Roadrunners) and added one touchdown on the ground, while averaging 16.5 rushing yards per game.
- Joshua Cephus has caught 55 passes on zero targets for 679 total yards and seven touchdowns. He is averaging 6.9 catches and 84.9 yards per game in eight games.
- Robert Henry has 376 rushing yards with six touchdowns (47.0 yards per game across eight games).
Mean Green Leaders
- Chandler Rogers is averaging 8.0 passing yards per attempt (49th in the FBS) and 271.6 yards per game this year, completing 64.8% of his passes on the way to 2,173 total yards, 19 touchdowns (ninth in the FBS) and one interception through eight games.
- Rogers has also rushed for three touchdowns and 124 yards (fourth on the Mean Green).
- Jay Maclin has put together a 2023 stat sheet that includes 39 catches for 703 yards and 11 receiving touchdowns (first in the FBS) through eight games played. He has been on the receiving end of zero targets and is averaging 4.9 receptions per game.
- This season in eight games, Ayo Adeyi has churned out 611 rushing yards (leading the Mean Green) and scored four rushing touchdowns. He averages 76.4 yards per game and 7.5 per attempt (eighth in the FBS).