The Air Force Falcons (8-1) visit the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (3-7) on Saturday, November 11, 2023 in a matchup between MWC foes at the Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex. Hawaii is a 20.5-point underdog. The game has a 46.5-point over/under.
The Falcons’ game versus the Rainbow Warriors will be available on SPEC.
Falcons vs. Rainbow Warriors Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 11:00 PM ET
- Channel: SPEC
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Honolulu, Hawaii
- Venue: Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex
- The Falcons sport the 83rd-ranked offense this year (370.0 yards per game), and they’ve been even better on defense, ranking third-best with just 241.4 yards allowed per game.
- The Falcons rank 48th in points scored this year (30.2 points per game), but they’ve been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the FBS with 14.4 points allowed per game.
- While Air Force ranks worst in the FBS in passing offense with 83.9 passing yards per game, it’s been a different story with the defense, which ranks fifth-best (157.4 passing yards per game allowed).
- The Falcons have been surging on both offense and defense in the running game, ranking best in rushing offense (286.1 rushing yards per game) and sixth-best in rushing defense (84.0 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Air Force has been firing on all cylinders on third down this year, owning the seventh-best mark in third-down conversion rate (49.5%) and 23rd-best in third-down defense (32.2% third-down percentage allowed).
- The Falcons rank 36th in college football with a +3 turnover margin after forcing 7 turnovers (113th in the FBS) and committing four (fourth in the FBS).
Rainbow Warriors Insights
- From an offensive perspective, Hawaii is accumulating 344.5 total yards per contest (97th-ranked). It ranks 73rd in the FBS on defense (380.4 total yards given up per game).
- Hawaii ranks 108th in points per game (21.5), but it has been less effective defensively, ranking 14th-worst in the FBS with 34.0 points surrendered per contest.
- With 279.3 passing yards per game on offense, the Rainbow Warriors rank 27th in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 33rd, giving up 203.7 passing yards per game.
- In terms of rushing, this season has been ugly for Hawaii on both sides of the ball, as it is putting up only 65.2 rushing yards per game (worst) and ceding 176.7 rushing yards per game (24th-worst).
- The Rainbow Warriors have been outplayed on both sides of the ball on third down this season, ranking 16th-worst in third-down conversion percentage (32.1%) and 13th-worst in third-down percentage allowed (45.8%).
- Hawaii sports a bottom-25 turnover margin this season, fourth-worst at -10.
- Zachary Larrier has 744 passing yards in nine games this year, averaging 82.7 per game with a 59.7% completion percentage and six touchdowns against two interceptions.
- To go along with his passing stats, Larrier also has 578 rushing yards (second on the Falcons), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Emmanuel Michel averages 4.5 yards per carry (201st in the FBS) and 81.4 yards per game, and has 733 total rushing yards. He has scored nine rushing TDs this season.
- John Lee Eldridge III has 445 rushing yards with five touchdowns (49.4 yards per game across nine games).
- Eldridge III has five catches on zero targets for 38 yards, with one receiving TD.
Rainbow Warriors Leaders
- Through 10 games played this year, Brayden Schager has totaled 2,751 passing yards (ninth-best in the FBS), while throwing 21 touchdowns against 12 interceptions and completing 62.3% of his passes.
- Steven McBride has 46 catches for 775 yards and seven receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted zero times and averages 4.6 receptions per game through 10 games played.
- This season, Pofele Ashlock has caught 60 passes for 659 receiving yards with seven touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted zero total times and is averaging 6.0 receptions per game in 10 games played.