The Air Force Falcons (8-2) bring college football’s eighth-ranked rushing defense into a matchup with the UNLV Rebels (8-2), who have the No. 18 rushing offense, on Saturday, November 18, 2023. The Falcons are 3-point favorites. A 46.5-point over/under is set for the contest.
The game between the Falcons and Rebels will be airing on CBS Sports.
Falcons vs. Rebels Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Venue: Falcon Stadium
- Defensively, the Falcons have been a top-25 unit, ranking third-best by allowing just 247.1 yards per game. They rank 85th on offense (364.5 yards per game).
- The Falcons sport the 62nd-ranked offense this season (28.5 points per game), and they’ve been better on defense, ranking seventh-best with only 15.7 points allowed per game.
- While Air Force ranks worst in the FBS in passing offense with 86.9 passing yards per game, it’s been a different story with the defense, which ranks fifth-best (159.3 passing yards per game allowed).
- The Falcons have been shining on both offense and defense in the running game, ranking second-best in rushing offense (277.6 rushing yards per game) and eighth-best in rushing defense (87.8 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Air Force sports the 38th-ranked defense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (35.2% third-down conversion rate allowed), and has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking seventh-best with a 49.6% third-down conversion rate.
- With seven forced turnovers (115th in the FBS) against seven turnovers committed (15th in the FBS), the Falcons (0) own the 66th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
- UNLV is putting up 423.4 total yards per contest on offense this season (42nd-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 382.0 total yards per contest (73rd-ranked).
- UNLV’s offense has been thriving, posting 36.4 points per contest (18th-best) this season. On defense, it ranks 53rd by giving up 24.3 points per game.
- The Rebels’ defense has been bottom-25 in pass defense this season, surrendering 256.8 passing yards per game, which ranks 17th-worst in the FBS. Offensively, they rank 67th with 225.9 passing yards per contest.
- UNLV’s run offense has been consistently moving the chains, posting 197.5 rushing yards per game (18th-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 35th by allowing 125.2 rushing yards per game.
- The Rebels’ third-down offense has been consistently moving the chains, posting a 53.5% third-down conversion rate (fifth-best) this season. Defensively, they rank 34th by giving up a 34.3% third-down rate.
- UNLV sports a top-25 turnover margin this season, ranking sixth-best at +10.
- Zachary Larrier has 744 passing yards in 10 games this year, averaging 74.4 per game with a 59.7% completion percentage and six touchdowns against two interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 579 yards (second on the Falcons) and added five touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 57.9 rushing yards per game.
- Emmanuel Michel’s rushing output this season includes 733 yards and nine TDs. He is averaging 81.4 yards per game and 4.5 per attempt (204th in the FBS).
- Through 10 games, John Lee Eldridge III has amassed 464 yards on the ground, averaging 46.4 yards per game and scoring five touchdowns.
- Eldridge III has received zero targets in the passing game and has five catches (0.5 per game) for 38 yards (3.8 per game) and one TD.
- Jayden Maiava is averaging 8.9 passing yards per attempt (25th in the FBS) and 205.8 yards per game this year, completing 65.5% of his passes on the way to 2,058 total yards, 11 touchdowns and four interceptions through 10 games.
- On the ground, Maiava has added three rushing touchdowns and 199 rushing yards (fifth on the Rebels).
- Ricky White has 1,018 receiving yards (seventh in the FBS) and six touchdowns on 63 receptions, while being targeted zero times.
- Jai’Den Thomas has rushed for nine touchdowns this year, and has totaled 420 rushing yards (42.0 per game and 4.6 per carry).