The Boise State Broncos (4-5) are 27.5-point favorites when they host the New Mexico Lobos (3-6) in an MWC matchup on Saturday, November 11, 2023 at Albertsons Stadium. The game’s point total is 59.
The Broncos’ matchup versus the Lobos will be airing on FS1.
Broncos vs. Lobos Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Channel: FS1
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Boise, Idaho
- Venue: Albertsons Stadium
- The Broncos rank 34th in total offense (434.3 yards per game) and 88th in total defense (394.7 yards allowed per game) this year.
- The Broncos rank 52nd in scoring offense (30.0 points per game) and 98th in scoring defense (28.9 points allowed per game) this year.
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 pass defense that ranks seventh-worst in the FBS (279.8 passing yards allowed per game), Boise State has had more success on offense, ranking 55th in the FBS by putting up 241.0 passing yards per game.
- The Broncos rank 26th in run defense this year (114.9 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the offensive side of the ball, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS with 193.3 rushing yards per game.
- Boise State sports the 78th-ranked defense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (39.5% third-down conversion rate allowed), and has been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 23rd-best with a 45.9% third-down percentage.
- The Broncos have forced 10 total turnovers (72nd in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 11 times (70th in the FBS) for a turnover margin of -1, 73rd-ranked in college football.
- New Mexico is accumulating 394.1 total yards per contest on offense this season (63rd-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 411.4 total yards per game (102nd-ranked).
- New Mexico’s defense has been bottom-25 in scoring defense this season, surrendering 35.3 points per game, which ranks seventh-worst in the FBS. On offense, it ranks 70th with 27.4 points per contest.
- The Lobos are putting up 226.8 passing yards per game on offense this season (68th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 240.7 passing yards per contest (93rd-ranked) on defense.
- New Mexico ranks 53rd in the FBS with 167.3 rushing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 101st with 170.8 rushing yards ceded per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- With a 39.4% third-down conversion rate on offense, the Lobos rank 65th in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 58th, allowing a 37.2% third-down rate.
- New Mexico has forced five turnovers this season and have turned the ball over 10 times, leading to a -5 turnover margin that is 23rd-worst in the FBS.
- On the ground, Ashton Jeanty averages 5.9 yards per attempt (53rd in the FBS) and 115.1 yards per game for 921 total rushing yards. He has recorded 11 rushing touchdowns this season.
- He’s also caught 30 passes (on zero targets) for 396 receiving yards with four touchdowns. He’s averaging 49.5 receving yards and 3.8 catches per game.
- Eric McAlister’s 873 receiving yards this season have come from zero targets and 47 receptions. He’s averaging 97.0 receiving yards and 5.2 catches per game, with five receiving touchdowns.
- Taylen Green has 1,142 passing yards, six touchdowns and six interceptions this year. He has completed 52.9% of his attempts, averaging 126.9 yards per game and 7.3 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 266 yards (second on the Broncos) and added five touchdowns on the ground, averaging 29.6 yards per game.
- So far this year through nine games, Jacory Merritt has racked up 664 rushing yards (leading the Lobos) and scored 12 rushing touchdowns. He averages 73.8 yards per game and 5.5 per carry (88th in the FBS).
- Merritt’s contributions include seven receptions (0.8 per game) on zero targets for 73 yards (8.1 per game) and one receiving touchdown.
- In nine games, Dylan Hopkins has 1,836 passing yards, while throwing 11 touchdowns against seven interceptions and completing 59.0% of his passes.
- Hopkins also has one rushing touchdown and 108 rushing yards (sixth on the Lobos).
- So far this season, Jeremiah Hixon has caught 30 passes for 355 receiving yards with five touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted zero total times and is averaging 3.8 receptions per game through eight games played.