The Eastern Michigan Eagles (5-6) are 5-point underdogs in a road conference matchup against the Buffalo Bulls (3-8) on Tuesday, November 21, 2023 at UB Stadium. The over/under is set at 37.5 for the game.
The game featuring the Bulls and Eagles will be airing on ESPN2.
Bulls vs. Eagles Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, November 21, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Buffalo, New York
- Venue: UB Stadium
- The Bulls rank 19th-worst in total offense (318.1 yards per game), but they’ve been slightly better on defense, ranking 55th with 367.5 yards allowed per game.
- The Bulls are putting up 21.8 points per game on offense this year (106th in the FBS), and they are giving up 27.7 points per game (87th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Buffalo owns the 107th-ranked offense this year in terms of passing yards (186.3 passing yards per game), and has been more effective on defense, ranking 22nd-best with just 191.1 passing yards allowed per game.
- With 176.4 rushing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 25th-worst in the FBS, the Bulls have been forced to lean on their 97th-ranked running game (131.8 rushing yards per contest) to keep them competitive.
- On offense, Buffalo ranks 105th in the FBS with a 34.9% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 28th in third-down conversion rate allowed (176.4).
- The Bulls own the 57th-ranked turnover margin in college football at +1, forcing 13 turnovers (43rd in the FBS) while turning it over 12 times (68th in the FBS).
- Eastern Michigan ranks fourth-worst in total yards per game (265.1), but it has been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 84th in the FBS with 388.4 total yards surrendered per contest.
- Eastern Michigan has been struggling offensively, ranking 19th-worst in the FBS with 20.0 points per game. It has been more effective defensively, surrendering 25.2 points per contest (62nd-ranked).
- The Eagles’ passing game has been struggling, ranking 11th-worst in the FBS with 160.2 passing yards per game. They have been more effective defensively, allowing 208.1 passing yards per contest (38th-ranked).
- Eastern Michigan has lots of room to get better in the running game, as it ranks 17th-worst in rushing yards per game (104.9) and 16th-worst in rushing yards surrendered per game (180.3).
- With a 35.4% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Eagles rank 102nd in the FBS. On defense, they rank 84th, giving up a 40.4% third-down rate.
- Eastern Michigan sports a -3 turnover margin this season, which ranks 91st in the FBS.
- Cole Snyder has 1,974 passing yards in 11 games this year, averaging 179.5 per game with a 55.5% completion percentage and 13 touchdowns against nine interceptions.
- To go along with his passing stats, Snyder also has 90 rushing yards (fifth on the Bulls), with one rushing touchdown.
- Ron Cook Jr.’s rushing statline this season includes 566 yards and five TDs. He’s averaging 51.5 yards per game and 4.1 per attempt (253rd in the FBS).
- Cook Jr.’s zero targets as part of the passing attack have turned into 28 catches (2.5 per game) for 218 yards (19.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- Marlyn Johnson has four touchdown catches this season, and has 36 catches for 415 yards on zero targets, while averaging 3.3 catches and 37.7 yards per game.
- This year in 11 games, Samson Evans has churned out 508 rushing yards (leading the Eagles) and scored 11 rushing touchdowns. He averages 46.2 yards per game and 4.2 per attempt (245th in the FBS).
- Austin Smith has 1,634 passing yards, eight touchdowns and seven interceptions. His completion percentage is 56.1% and he averages 148.5 yards per game and 6.0 per attempt.
- Smith also has one rushing touchdown and 105 rushing yards (third on the Eagles).
- Jaylon Jackson is averaging 45.6 rushing yards per game this season (502 total yards), while scoring two rushing touchdowns.
- In addition to his ground game, Jackson has hauled in 19 passes (on zero targets) for 203 yards (fourth on the Eagles), with one receiving touchdown. He averages 18.5 yards per game.