The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (7-3) are close favorites (-1) against the Army Black Knights (4-6) on Saturday, November 18, 2023. A total of 40 points has been set for this matchup.
The matchup is on CBS Sports, if you’re searching for how to watch.
Chanticleers vs. Black Knights Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: West Point, New York
- Venue: Michie Stadium
- The Chanticleers are putting up 438.2 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 31st in the FBS. On defense, they rank 63rd, surrendering 371.4 yards per game.
- The Chanticleers rank 48th in scoring offense (30.1 points per game) and 41st in scoring defense (21.2 points allowed per game) this year.
- Coastal Carolina is putting up 266.9 passing yards per game offensively this year (35th in the FBS), and is surrendering 221.4 passing yards per game (57th) on defense.
- The Chanticleers are totaling 171.3 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 52nd in the FBS. On defense, they rank 68th, allowing 150 rushing yards per game.
- Coastal Carolina is posting a 43.4% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 33rd in the FBS. On the other side of the ball, the defense ranks 60th, surrendering a 38.2% third-down conversion rate.
- The Chanticleers have forced 14 total turnovers (27th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 10 times (45th in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +4, 29th-ranked in college football.
Black Knights Insights
- Army has not been getting things done on offense, ranking 12th-worst with 309.1 total yards per game. It has been better on defense, giving up 368 total yards per contest (57th-ranked).
- Army’s offense has been bottom-25 this season, generating 20.1 points per game, which ranks 19th-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 44th with 22.1 points surrendered per contest.
- While the Black Knights’ pass offense has had trouble moving the chains, ranking third-worst with 114.2 passing yards per game, their defense ranks 15th-best with only 182.1 passing yards ceded per contest.
- Army ranks 13th-worst in rushing yards allowed per game on defense (185.9), but at least it has been getting things done on the other side of the ball, ranking 22nd-best in rushing yards per contest (194.9).
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the Black Knights rank 102nd in the FBS (35.1% third-down conversion rate) and 93rd on defense (41.4% third-down rate allowed).
- With 10 forced turnovers (78th in the FBS) and 14 turnovers committed (104th in the FBS) this season, Army ranks 103rd in the FBS with a turnover margin of -4.
- Grayson McCall has 1,919 passing yards through seven games this year, averaging 274.1 per game with a 67.4% completion percentage and 10 touchdowns against six interceptions.
- To go along with his passing stats, McCall also has 48 rushing yards (eighth on the Chanticleers), with one rushing touchdown.
- Sam Pinckney’s 763 receiving yards this season have come from zero targets and 54 receptions. He’s averaging 76.3 receiving yards and 5.4 catches per game, with six receiving touchdowns.
- Jared Brown has three touchdown catches this season, and has 47 receptions for 605 yards on zero targets, while averaging 4.7 catches and 60.5 yards per game.
Black Knights Leaders
- Through nine games played this year, Bryson Daily has racked up 859 passing yards, with six touchdowns against six interceptions and completing 50.5% of his passes.
- On the ground, Daily has added six rushing touchdowns and 727 rushing yards (first on the Black Knights).
- Kanye Udoh averages 48.4 rushing yards per game through nine games (436 total yards), while scoring one rushing touchdown.
- Isaiah Alston has registered 266 receiving yards and two touchdowns on nine receptions, while being targeted zero times this season.