The Colorado State Rams (3-6) are 3.5-point favorites when they host the San Diego State Aztecs (3-6) in an MWC matchup on Saturday, November 11, 2023 at Sonny Lubick Field at Canvas Stadium. A total of 47 points has been set for this matchup.
You should check out CBS Sports in order to see this matchup.
Rams vs. Aztecs Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Fort Collins, Colorado
- Venue: Sonny Lubick Field at Canvas Stadium
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 defense that ranks 15th-worst in the FBS (433.2 yards allowed per game), the Rams have put up better results on the other side of the ball, ranking 65th in the FBS by totaling 392.3 yards per game.
- The Rams have the 77th-ranked scoring offense this season (26.3 points per game), and they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking 20th-worst with 32.1 points allowed per game.
- Colorado State owns the ninth-best offense this season in terms of passing yards (319.1 passing yards per game), but ranks 16th-worst on defense (258.7 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Rams rank third-worst in rushing offense (73.2 rushing yards per game), but they’ve played better on defense, ranking 107th with 174.6 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 defense on third down that ranks 13th-worst in the FBS (46.0% third-down conversion rate), Colorado State has put up better results offensively, ranking 73rd in the FBS by posting a 38.6% third-down percentage.
- The Rams have forced 12 total turnovers (32nd in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 17 times (129th in the FBS) for a turnover margin of -5, the 22nd-worst in college football.
- San Diego State has plenty of room to improve, as it ranks 24th-worst in total yards per game (324.1) and 25th-worst in total yards allowed per game (416.9).
- San Diego State ranks 19th-worst in points per game (20.1), but it has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 95th in the FBS with 28.6 points surrendered per contest.
- The Aztecs have plenty of room to get better in the passing game, as they rank 21st-worst in passing yards per game (181.0) this season and 23rd-worst in passing yards surrendered per game (252.4).
- San Diego State is compiling 143.1 rushing yards per game on offense this season (86th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 164.4 rushing yards per game (94th-ranked) on defense.
- The Aztecs’ offense has been sputtering on third down, ranking 23rd-worst in the FBS with a 33.6% third-down conversion rate. They have been more effective on defense, allowing a 40.7% third-down rate (91st-ranked).
- At -1, San Diego State has the 74th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 11 forced turnovers (50th in the FBS) and 12 turnovers committed (86th in the FBS).
- Brayden Fowler-Nicolosi has 2,696 passing yards (ninth in the FBS), 18 touchdowns and 13 interceptions this year. He has completed 62.9% of his attempts, averaging 299.6 yards per game and 7.2 per attempt.
- Tory Horton’s 848 receiving yards this season have come from zero targets and 77 receptions (second in the FBS). He’s averaging 94.2 receiving yards and 8.6 catches per game, with six receiving touchdowns.
- Dallin Holker has six touchdown catches this season, and has 51 catches for 653 yards on zero targets, while averaging 5.7 catches and 72.6 yards per game.
- Jalen Mayden has passed for 1,599 yards this year, with nine touchdowns and seven interceptions. He is completing 61.8% of his attempts while averaging 177.7 yards per game and 6.7 per attempt.
- He’s added 385 yards on the ground (first on the Aztecs), while scoring three rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 42.8 yards per game and 4.1 per attempt.
- Jaylon Armstead has scored five rushing touchdowns, while totaling 258 rushing yards (4.2 per attempt and 32.3 per game).
- Kenan Christon has yet to rush for a touchdown this season, but has totaled 292 rushing yards (32.4 per game and 3.7 per attempt).
- Christon has helped out in the receiving game, amassing 170 receiving yards (18.9 per game) on 23 catches (2.6 per game), while being targeted zero times. He has one receiving touchdown.