The Akron Zips (2-8) are 3-point underdogs in a road MAC matchup against the Eastern Michigan Eagles (4-6) on Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at Rynearson Stadium. The over/under is set at 39.
Want to watch this game? You can do so on CBS Sports.
Eagles vs. Zips Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Venue: Rynearson Stadium
- The Eagles rank second-worst in total offense (260.1 yards per game), but they’ve been a little better on defense, ranking 88th with 395.1 yards allowed per game.
- While the Eagles’ defense ranks 59th with 25.0 points allowed per game, they’ve been a little less successful on offense, ranking 14th-worst (19.0 points per game).
- Eastern Michigan ranks ninth-worst in passing offense (154.8 passing yards per game), but thas played slightly better on defense, ranking 37th with 204.9 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Eagles rank 16th-worst in rushing offense (105.3 rushing yards per game) and 10th-worst in rushing defense (190.2 rushing yards per game allowed) this year.
- Eastern Michigan is putting up a 34.6% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 106th in the FBS. On the other side of the ball, the defense ranks 53rd, surrendering a 37.1% third-down conversion rate.
- The Eagles rank 92nd in college football with a -3 turnover margin after forcing 8 turnovers (106th in the FBS) and committing 11 (64th in the FBS).
- Akron’s offense has been a bottom-25 unit in total offense this season, putting up 283.7 total yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 31st with 332.9 total yards allowed per contest.
- Akron ranks second-worst in points per game (15.4), but it has been more effective defensively, ranking 85th in the FBS with 28.1 points ceded per contest.
- The Zips have been thriving on pass defense, allowing just 182.5 passing yards per game (17th-best). On offense, they rank 99th in the FBS by accumulating 197.3 passing yards per game.
- Akron’s rushing offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, generating 86.4 rushing yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, it ranks 69th with 150.4 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- The Zips’ third-down offense has been bottom-25 this season, registering a 30.4% third-down rate, which ranks eighth-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 40th with a 35.7% third-down rate ceded.
- Akron owns a bottom-25 turnover margin this season, eighth-worst at -7.
- On the ground, Samson Evans averages 4.2 yards per attempt (238th in the FBS) and 43.7 yards per game for 437 total rushing yards. He has recorded eight rushing touchdowns this season.
- Jaylon Jackson’s rushing output this season includes 456 yards and two TDs. He is averaging 45.6 yards per game and 4.7 per attempt (176th in the FBS).
- He’s hauled in 18 passes (on zero targets) for 200 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 20.0 receiving yards and 1.8 catches per game.
- Austin Smith has 1,420 passing yards in 10 games this year, averaging 142.0 per game with a 55.2% completion percentage and seven touchdowns against seven interceptions.
- He has tacked on 121 rushing yards (12.1 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- Lorenzo Lingard averages 54.1 rushing yards per game this year (541 total yards), while scoring three rushing touchdowns.
- Lingard’s contributions include 28 receptions (2.8 per game) on zero targets for 287 yards (28.7 per game) and one receiving touchdown.
- In five games, DJ Irons has 722 passing yards, with three touchdowns against three interceptions and completing 66.2% of his passes.
- Irons also has two rushing touchdowns and 225 rushing yards (second on the Zips).
- This season, Jasaiah Gathings has caught 43 passes for 452 receiving yards with one touchdown through the air. He has been targeted zero total times and is averaging 4.3 receptions per game in 10 games played.