Oddsmakers project a competitive contest between Sun Belt rivals when the Georgia Southern Eagles (6-3) visit the Marshall Thundering Herd (4-5) on Saturday, November 11, 2023 at Joan C. Edwards Stadium. Marshall is a 2-point underdogs. This game has an over/under of 56.5 points.
This matchup will be airing on NFLN.
Eagles vs. Thundering Herd Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: NFLN
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Huntington, West Virginia
- Venue: Joan C. Edwards Stadium
- The Eagles are averaging 442.0 yards per game on offense (27th in the FBS), and they rank 90th on the other side of the ball with 395.2 yards allowed per game.
- The Eagles are totaling 32.7 points per game offensively this year (34th in the FBS), and they are giving up 26.9 points per game (77th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- On offense, Georgia Southern has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking 11th-best in the FBS by averaging 306.7 per game. The Eagles rank 103rd on defense (246.7 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Eagles are putting up 135.3 rushing yards per game offensively this year (91st in the FBS), and they are allowing 148.6 rushing yards per game (69th) on the other side of the ball.
- Georgia Southern ranks 39th in third-down defense this season (35.3% third-down percentage allowed), but has been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking 11th-best in the FBS with a 48.4% third-down percentage.
- The Eagles have forced 14 total turnovers (17th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 17 times (129th in the FBS) for a turnover margin of -3, 91st-ranked in college football.
Thundering Herd Insights
- From an offensive standpoint, Marshall is generating 359.4 total yards per contest (88th-ranked). It ranks 80th in the FBS defensively (384.3 total yards given up per game).
- Marshall ranks 97th in the FBS with 22.9 points per game on offense, and it ranks 93rd with 28.4 points surrendered per game on defense.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Thundering Herd are generating 234.2 passing yards per game (63rd-ranked). They rank 42nd in the FBS on the other side of the ball (206.1 passing yards surrendered per game).
- Marshall has been struggling against the run, ranking 22nd-worst with 178.2 rushing yards surrendered per game. It has been better on offense, putting up 125.2 rushing yards per contest (102nd-ranked).
- On offense, the Thundering Herd are bottom-25 on third down, putting up a 31.1% third-down conversion rate (11th-worst). On the bright side, they are excelling on defense, giving up a 31.5% third-down rate (19th-best).
- Marshall has forced 11 turnovers this season and have turned the ball over 16 times, resulting in a -5 turnover margin that is 22nd-worst in the FBS.
- Davis Brin has passed for 2,651 yards, 18 touchdowns and 13 interceptions this year. He averages 294.6 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt, while completing 66.2% of his attempts.
- Jalen White has recorded 750 rushing yards with eight touchdowns (93.8 yards per game through eight games). His 6.1 yards per attempt rank 37th in college football.
- White’s zero targets through the air have resulted in 13 catches (1.6 per game) for 46 yards (5.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- Khaleb Hood has four touchdown catches this season, and has 72 catches (third in the FBS) for 732 yards on zero targets, while averaging 8.0 catches and 81.3 yards per game.
Thundering Herd Leaders
- So far this year through eight games, Rasheen Ali has churned out 767 rushing yards (leading the Thundering Herd) and scored 11 rushing touchdowns. He averages 95.9 yards per game and 5.1 per carry (131st in the FBS).
- Ali’s contributions include 19 receptions (2.4 per game) on zero targets for 155 yards (19.4 per game) and one receiving touchdown.
- Through nine games, Cam Fancher has 1,948 passing yards, while throwing eight touchdowns against 11 interceptions and completing 64.8% of his attempts.
- Fancher also has two rushing touchdowns and 176 rushing yards (third on the Thundering Herd).
- This season, Caleb Coombs has caught 31 passes for 273 receiving yards with two touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted zero total times and is averaging 3.9 receptions per game through eight games played.