The Jacksonville State Gamecocks (7-3) are 10-point favorites when they host the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (3-8) in a CUSA matchup on Saturday, November 18, 2023 at Burgess-Snow Field at JSU Stadium. The over/under is set at 54.5 points for the game.
Interested in watching this game? You can find it on ESPN+.
Gamecocks vs. Bulldogs Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Jacksonville, Alabama
- Venue: Burgess-Snow Field at JSU Stadium
- The Gamecocks are compiling 382.6 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 70th in the FBS. On defense, they rank 51st, allowing 362.4 yards per contest.
- The Gamecocks are averaging 28.5 points per game on offense, which ranks them 62nd in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 34th, allowing 20.7 points per contest.
- Jacksonville State ranks 12th-worst in passing offense (163.3 passing yards per game) and 22nd-worst in passing defense (248.5 passing yards per game allowed) this season.
- The Gamecocks have been making things happen on both sides of the ball in the running game this season, as they rank sixth-best in rushing offense (219.3 rushing yards per game) and 24th-best in rushing defense (113.9 rushing yards allowed per game).
- On defense, Jacksonville State has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 21st-best by allowing a 31.4% third-down percentage. The team’s offense ranks 61st (39.9% third-down conversion rate).
- The Gamecocks have the 14th-best turnover margin in college football at +7, forcing 16 turnovers (eighth in the FBS) while turning it over nine times (36th in the FBS).
- With 394.0 total yards per game on offense, Louisiana Tech ranks 63rd in the FBS in 2023. Defensively, it ranks 95th, allowing 399.5 total yards per game.
- Louisiana Tech has not been getting things done defensively, ranking 23rd-worst with 31.4 points given up per game. It has been more effective offensively, compiling 26.7 points per contest (70th-ranked).
- The Bulldogs rank 41st in the FBS with 262.1 passing yards per contest, but they’ve been lifted up by their defense, which ranks 22nd-best by allowing just 192.5 passing yards per contest.
- Louisiana Tech’s defense has been bottom-25 in run defense this season, surrendering 206.9 rushing yards per game, which ranks sixth-worst in the FBS. On offense, it ranks 96th with 131.9 rushing yards per contest.
- The Bulldogs’ offense has been struggling on third down, ranking 13th-worst in the FBS with a 31.4% third-down conversion rate. They have been more productive defensively, allowing a 41.9% third-down rate (99th-ranked).
- At -4, Louisiana Tech has the 103rd-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with seven forced turnovers (115th in the FBS) and 11 turnovers committed (63rd in the FBS).
- Zion Webb has 927 passing yards, five touchdowns and four interceptions this year. He has completed 50.3% of his attempts, averaging 103.0 yards per game and 6.3 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 525 yards (second on the Gamecocks) and added four touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 58.3 rushing yards per game.
- Logan Smothers has passed for 655 yards, six touchdowns and two interceptions this year. He averages 65.5 yards per game and 6.2 per attempt, while completing 56.6%.
- He has tacked on 274 rushing yards (27.4 per game) and six touchdowns on the ground.
- In nine games, Malik Jackson has amassed 624 yards on the ground, averaging 69.3 yards per game and scoring four touchdowns.
- Hank Bachmeier has passed for 1,837 yards this year, with nine touchdowns and four interceptions. He is completing 68.0% of his attempts while averaging 229.6 yards per game and 8.0 per attempt.
- Smoke Harris has put together a 2023 campaign that includes 74 catches (seventh in the FBS) for 735 yards and four receiving touchdowns over 11 games played. He has been on the receiving end of zero targets and is averaging 6.7 receptions per game.
- This season through seven games, Tyre Shelton has churned out 541 rushing yards (leading the Bulldogs) and scored five rushing touchdowns. He averages 77.3 yards per game and 6.1 per carry (36th in the FBS).