The UConn Huskies (1-8) are overwhelming 25.5-point underdogs on Saturday, November 11, 2023 against the No. 21 James Madison Dukes (9-0). An over/under of 48 is set for the game.
You should head to ESPN+ in order to see this matchup.
Dukes vs. Huskies Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Venue: Bridgeforth Stadium/Zane Showker Field
- The Dukes have the 40th-ranked offense this year (426.1 yards per game), and they’ve been even more effective defensively, ranking 25th-best with only 325.4 yards allowed per game.
- The Dukes are putting up 33.2 points per game on offense this year (28th in the FBS), and they are surrendering 19.6 points per game (26th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 pass defense that ranks 13th-worst in the FBS (265.8 passing yards allowed per game), James Madison has put up better results offensively, ranking 38th in the FBS by averaging 265.3 passing yards per game.
- The Dukes have the 66th-ranked offense this year in terms of rushing yards (160.8 per game), and they’ve been more effective defensively, ranking second-best with just 59.7 rushing yards allowed per game.
- James Madison is putting up a 34.7% third-down percentage on offense (105th in the FBS), and ranks 36th on defense with a 34.9% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- The Dukes have forced 12 total turnovers (32nd in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 11 times (77th in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +1, 58th-ranked in college football.
- UConn has been unproductive on both sides of the ball this season, ranking 13th-worst in total offense (309.7 total yards per game) and 16th-worst in total defense (431.3 total yards allowed per game).
- UConn has lots of room to improve, as it ranks ninth-worst in points per game (17.9) this season and 17th-worst in points surrendered per game (32.6).
- The Huskies have been outplayed on both offense and defense in terms of passing this season, ranking 24th-worst in passing yards (185.4 per game) and 22nd-worst in passing yards surrendered (252.6 per game).
- UConn’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit in run defense this season, surrendering 178.8 rushing yards per game, which ranks 21st-worst in the FBS. Offensively, it ranks 104th with 124.2 rushing yards per contest.
- The Huskies rank 90th in third-down conversion percentage (36.8%) on offense, but they’ve been less productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking ninth-worst in the FBS with a 46.8% third-down percentage allowed.
- UConn has compiled six forced turnovers (118th in the FBS) and committed 10 turnovers (59th in the FBS) this season for a -4 turnover margin that ranks 101st in the FBS.
- Jordan McCloud has 2,343 passing yards in nine games this year, averaging 260.3 per game with a 67.2% completion percentage and 22 touchdowns (10th in the FBS) against seven interceptions.
- In addition to his passing statistics, McCloud has 314 rushing yards (third on the Dukes), with six rushing touchdowns.
- Reggie Brown has 36 receptions for 701 yards and six TDs. Through nine games, he is averaging 4.0 catches and 77.9 yards per game.
- Kaelon Black’s output on the ground this season includes 493 yards and one TD. He’s averaging 54.8 yards per game and 4.3 per attempt (218th in the FBS).
- Black has been on the receiving end of zero targets in the passing game and has 20 catches (2.2 per game) for 199 yards (22.1 per game) and three TDs.
- Ta’Quan Roberson has passed for 1,493 yards this year, with eight touchdowns and five interceptions. He is completing 58.2% of his passes while averaging 186.6 yards per game and 6.2 per attempt.
- Camryn Edwards has 383 rushing yards (second on the Huskies) and two rushing touchdowns, while averaging 63.8 yards per game and 4.8 per carry (163rd in the FBS).
- Edwards has added 10 receptions (1.7 per game) for 87 yards (14.5 per game) with one receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted zero times in the passing attack.
- This season through eight games, Victor Rosa has racked up 401 rushing yards (leading the Huskies) and scored two rushing touchdowns. He averages 50.1 yards per game and 4.8 per carry (163rd in the FBS).