The Old Dominion Monarchs (4-5) are double-digit, 13.5-point underdogs heading into their matchup on Saturday, November 11, 2023 against the No. 25 Liberty Flames (9-0). The over/under for the game is set at 59.
Go to ESPN+ to see the Flames play the Monarchs.
Flames vs. Monarchs Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Lynchburg, Virginia
- Venue: Williams Stadium (VA)
- The Flames rank 49th in total defense this year (354.7 yards allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on offense, ranking fifth-best in the FBS with 502.1 total yards per game.
- The Flames rank 41st in scoring defense this year (21.9 points allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on offense, ranking 12th-best in the FBS with 39.1 points per game.
- Liberty is averaging 217.7 passing yards per game on offense (81st in the FBS), and ranks 97th on the other side of the ball with 241.0 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Flames have been firing on all cylinders in the running game this year, as they rank second-best in rushing offense (284.4 rushing yards per game) and 22nd-best in rushing defense (113.7 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Liberty ranks 67th in third-down defense this year (37.9% third-down percentage allowed), but has been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking eighth-best in the FBS with a 49.5% third-down percentage.
- The Flames have forced 18 total turnovers (first in the FBS) this season and have turned it over seven times (22nd in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +11, the third-best in college football.
- With 363.6 total yards per game on offense, Old Dominion ranks 82nd in the FBS in 2023. On defense, it ranks 85th, giving up 391.7 total yards per contest.
- Old Dominion ranks 86th in the FBS with 24.4 points per contest on offense, and it ranks 71st with 26.2 points ceded per game on defense.
- In terms of passing, the Monarchs rank 97th in the FBS (203.1 passing yards per game) and 99th defensively (244.0 passing yards allowed per game).
- In terms of rushing, Old Dominion ranks 68th in the FBS on offense (160.4 rushing yards per game) and 68th on the other side of the ball (147.7 rushing yards allowed per game).
- With a 38.8% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Monarchs rank 70th in the FBS. On defense, they rank 26th, giving up a 33.1% third-down rate.
- With 10 forced turnovers (68th in the FBS) and 13 turnovers committed (102nd in the FBS) this season, Old Dominion ranks 91st in the FBS with a turnover margin of -3.
- Kaidon Salter has passed for 1,959 yards, 23 touchdowns (sixth in the FBS) and three interceptions this year. He is averaging 217.7 yards per game and 10.2 per attempt, while completing 59.4% of his passes.
- To go along with his passing statistics, Salter has 664 rushing yards (second on the Flames), with seven rushing touchdowns.
- Quinton Cooley’s rushing output this season includes 981 yards (ninth in the FBS) and nine TDs. He is averaging 109.0 yards per game and 6.1 per attempt (37th in the FBS).
- In nine games played, C.J. Daniels is averaging 72.8 yards and 3.3 receptions per game to total 655 receiving yards and 30 catches. He’s been targeted zero times, and has six receiving touchdowns.
- Grant Wilson is averaging 7.8 passing yards per attempt (55th in the FBS) and 184.4 yards per game this year, completing 58.5% of his passes on the way to 1,475 total yards, 13 touchdowns and five interceptions through eight games.
- Keshawn Wicks averages 61.4 rushing yards per game through eight games (491 total yards), while scoring four rushing touchdowns.
- Wicks has added 12 receptions (1.5 per game) for 98 yards (12.3 per game) with one receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted zero times in the passing attack.
- So far this season in six games, Kadarius Calloway has churned out 523 rushing yards (leading the Monarchs) and scored four rushing touchdowns. He averages 87.2 yards per game and 9.0 per attempt (second in the FBS).
- In addition to his rushing stats, Calloway has hauled in seven passes (on zero targets) for 44 yards (ninth on the Monarchs), with one receiving touchdown. He averages 7.3 yards per game.