Oddsmakers give the Memphis Tigers (7-2) the edge when they visit the Charlotte 49ers (3-6) on Saturday, November 11, 2023 in a matchup between AAC rivals at Jerry Richardson Stadium. Memphis is favored by 9.5 points. The total has been set at 51.5 points for this matchup.
Interested in watching the game featuring the Tigers and 49ers? You can do so on ESPN+.
Tigers vs. 49ers Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Venue: Jerry Richardson Stadium
- While the Tigers rank 23rd-worst in the FBS in total defense with 420.3 yards allowed per game, it’s been a different situation on the other side of the ball, as they rank 18th-best in the FBS (455.8 yards per game).
- The Tigers rank 85th in scoring defense this year (27.9 points allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking 11th-best in the FBS with 39.2 points per game.
- Memphis sports the 17th-best offense this season in terms of passing yards (292.9 passing yards per game), but ranks 25th-worst on defense (250.4 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Tigers rank 61st in run offense (162.9 rushing yards per game) and 99th in run defense (169.9 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Memphis ranks 51st in third-down percentage this year (41.2%), but has been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking 16th-best in the FBS with a 30.2% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- The Tigers have the 33rd-ranked turnover margin in college football at +3, forcing 12 turnovers (32nd in the FBS) while turning it over nine times (45th in the FBS).
- Charlotte ranks 23rd-worst in total yards per game (323.6), but it has been more productive defensively, ranking 48th in the FBS with 353.0 total yards ceded per contest.
- Charlotte ranks third-worst in points per game (16.8), but it has been more productive defensively, ranking 64th in the FBS with 24.8 points ceded per contest.
- The 49ers’ passing offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, registering 178.4 passing yards per game, which ranks 20th-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 26th with 193.7 passing yards surrendered per contest.
- In terms of rushing, Charlotte ranks 83rd in the FBS on offense (145.1 rushing yards per game) and 85th on the other side of the ball (159.3 rushing yards allowed per contest).
- The 49ers rank worst in third-down conversion percentage (23.7%), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 75th in the FBS with a 38.9% third-down rate allowed.
- With eight forced turnovers (98th in the FBS) and 10 turnovers committed (59th in the FBS) this season, Charlotte ranks 82nd in the FBS with a turnover margin of -2.
- Seth Henigan has 2,535 passing yards, 20 touchdowns and seven interceptions this year. He has completed 66.2% of his attempts, averaging 281.7 yards per game and 8.1 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 221 rushing yards (24.6 per game) and four touchdowns on the ground.
- Blake Watson averages 6.4 yards per carry (27th in the FBS) and 91.8 yards per game, and has 826 total rushing yards. He has scored 10 rushing TDs this season.
- He has also caught 35 passes (on zero targets) for 352 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 39.1 receiving yards and 3.9 catches per game.
- In nine games played, Roc Taylor is averaging 83.6 yards and 5.2 receptions per game to total 752 receiving yards and 47 catches. He’s been targeted zero times, and has four receiving touchdowns.
- Jalon Jones has passed for 623 yards this year, with two touchdowns and four interceptions. He is completing 61.5% of his attempts while averaging 77.9 yards per game and 6.0 per attempt.
- On the ground, Jones has added four rushing touchdowns and 484 rushing yards (first on the 49ers).
- Jack Hestera has 356 receiving yards and three touchdowns on 28 receptions, while being targeted zero times.
- Through seven games this season, Trexler Ivey has amassed 946 passing yards, while throwing four touchdowns against four interceptions and completing 56.2% of his passes.