The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (2-7) host the Florida International Panthers (4-5) on Saturday, November 11, 2023 in a matchup between CUSA opponents at Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium. Florida International is a 10.5-point underdog. The over/under is set at 51.5 points for the game.
Tune in to ESPN+ to see the Blue Raiders battle the Panthers.
Blue Raiders vs. Panthers Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Venue: Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium
Blue Raiders Insights
- The Blue Raiders are totaling 389.4 yards per game on offense this year (69th in the FBS), and they are giving up 415.2 yards per game (105th) on defense.
- Offensively, the Blue Raiders rank 104th in the FBS with 21.9 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 107th in points allowed (415.2 points allowed per contest).
- Middle Tennessee ranks 40th in pass offense (264.6 passing yards per game) and 101st in pass defense (244.6 passing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Offensively, the Blue Raiders rank 103rd in the FBS with 124.9 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 102nd in rushing yards allowed per contest (170.7).
- In addition to a 44.5% third-down conversion rate allowed on defense, which ranks 22nd-worst in the FBS, Middle Tennessee has posted the 54th-ranked third-down conversion rate (41.1%) on offense.
- The Blue Raiders have forced nine total turnovers (82nd in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 15 times (116th in the FBS) for a turnover margin of -6, the 14th-worst in college football.
- Florida International has lots of room to improve, as it ranks 25th-worst in total yards per game (325.1) and 14th-worst in total yards surrendered per game (433.9).
- Florida International ranks 23rd-worst in points per game (20.8), but it has been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 95th in the FBS with 28.6 points allowed per contest.
- With 224.0 passing yards per game on offense, the Panthers rank 74th in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 87th, surrendering 237.6 passing yards per game.
- Florida International has plenty of room to get better in the running game, as it ranks 11th-worst in rushing yards per game (101.1) and ninth-worst in rushing yards surrendered per game (196.3).
- The Panthers rank second-worst in third-down conversion percentage (26.4%), but they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 59th in the FBS with a 37.4% third-down rate allowed.
- Florida International has accumulated 10 forced turnovers (68th in the FBS) and committed 12 turnovers (86th in the FBS) this season for a -2 turnover margin that ranks 82nd in the FBS.
Blue Raiders Leaders
- Nick Vattiato has 2,329 passing yards through nine games this year, averaging 258.8 per game with a 66.8% completion percentage and 16 touchdowns against nine interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 268 yards (second on the Blue Raiders) and added two touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 29.8 rushing yards per game.
- Elijah Metcalf has caught 45 passes on zero targets for 552 total yards and five touchdowns. He is averaging 5.0 catches and 61.3 yards per game in nine games.
- Jaiden Credle has 385 rushing yards with two touchdowns (42.8 yards per game through nine games).
- Credle has totaled 20 receptions on zero targets for 122 yards, with one receiving TD.
- This year, Kris Mitchell has 48 receptions for 820 yards with six receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted zero times and averages 5.3 catches per game in nine games played.
- Keyone Jenkins has 1,682 passing yards, six touchdowns and seven interceptions. His completion percentage is 58.5% and he averages 210.3 yards per game and 7.9 per attempt.
- He has added 50 rushing yards (third on the Panthers), with five touchdowns on the ground (averaging 6.3 yards per game and 0.6 per carry).
- Shomari Lawrence is averaging 54.6 rushing yards per game this season (491 total yards), while scoring four rushing touchdowns.