The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-7) are 8.5-point favorites when they host the UTEP Miners (3-7) in conference action on Saturday, November 18, 2023 at Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium. The game has a 48-point over/under.
Want to watch the matchup between the Blue Raiders and Miners? You can find it on ESPN+.
Blue Raiders vs. Miners Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Venue: Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium
Blue Raiders Insights
- The Blue Raiders are totaling 393.7 yards per game on offense (64th in the FBS), and they rank 97th on the other side of the ball with 401.4 yards allowed per game.
- The Blue Raiders rank 91st in scoring offense (23.7 points per game) and 90th in scoring defense (28.4 points allowed per game) this year.
- Middle Tennessee is putting up 266.9 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 35th in the FBS. The defense ranks 101st, giving up 243.1 passing yards per contest.
- The Blue Raiders are totaling 126.8 rushing yards per game offensively this season (103rd in the FBS), and they are giving up 158.3 rushing yards per game (85th) on defense.
- Middle Tennessee is averaging a 41.3% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (50th in the FBS), and is giving up a 42.5% third-down conversion rate (105th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- With nine forced turnovers (91st in the FBS) against 15 turnovers committed (109th in the FBS), the Blue Raiders’ -6 turnover margin is the 18th-worst in college football.
- With 361.6 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, UTEP ranks 86th in the FBS in 2023. On defense, it ranks 68th, surrendering 375.1 total yards per game.
- UTEP ranks eighth-worst in points per game (18.1), but it has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 69th in the FBS with 26.6 points ceded per contest.
- The Miners’ pass defense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank 24th-best in the FBS with 194.6 passing yards ceded per contest. In terms of offense, they are accumulating 202.7 passing yards per game, which ranks 94th.
- UTEP has been struggling in run defense, ranking 20th-worst with 180.5 rushing yards surrendered per game. It has been better offensively, posting 158.9 rushing yards per contest (65th-ranked).
- The Miners’ third-down offense has been bottom-25 this season, generating a 30.8% third-down percentage, which ranks 11th-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 107th with a 43.0% third-down rate allowed.
- UTEP has not done well in terms of turnovers, as its turnover margin of -6 is 18th-worst in the FBS.
Blue Raiders Leaders
- Nick Vattiato has passed for 2,604 yards, 20 touchdowns and nine interceptions this year. He averages 260.4 yards per game and 7.3 per attempt, while completing 67.1% of his attempts.
- To go along with his passing stats, Vattiato has 307 rushing yards (second on the Blue Raiders), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Elijah Metcalf has caught 49 passes on zero targets for 583 total yards and six touchdowns. He is averaging 4.9 catches and 58.3 yards per game in 10 games.
- In the passing game, Holden Willis, has totaled 552 receiving yards and three touchdowns after pulling down 35 balls on zero targets. Per game, he’s averaging 61.3 yards and 3.9 receptions over nine games.
- Kelly Akharaiyi has registered 786 receiving yards and five touchdowns on 37 receptions, while being targeted zero times this season.
- Deion Hankins averages 74.6 rushing yards per game through 10 games (746 total yards), while scoring three rushing touchdowns.
- Torrance Burgess Jr. is averaging 61.5 rushing yards per game this season (615 total yards), while scoring two rushing touchdowns.
- In addition to his ground game, Burgess Jr. has hauled in 14 passes (on zero targets) for 183 yards (fourth on the Miners). He averages 18.3 yards per game.