The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (3-7) are heavy 18-point underdogs on Saturday, November 18, 2023 against the Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-6). The game has an over/under of 48.
This game will be airing on SEC.
Bulldogs vs. Golden Eagles Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: SEC
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Mississippi State, Mississippi
- Venue: Davis Wade Stadium
- The Bulldogs are putting up 325.9 yards per game on offense this season (106th in the FBS), and they are giving up 366.7 yards per game (54th) on the other side of the ball.
- The Bulldogs are totaling 21.4 points per game on offense this season (108th in the FBS), and they are giving up 28.2 points per game (88th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- While Mississippi State’s pass defense ranks 58th with 221.9 passing yards allowed per game,the offense has been less successful, ranking 25th-worst (183.1 passing yards per game).
- The Bulldogs are totaling 142.8 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 86th in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 57th, allowing 144.8 rushing yards per contest.
- Mississippi State has been a bottom-25 offense on third down this season, ranking 10th-worst with a 30.7% third-down percentage. On defense, the Bulldogs rank 49th in the FBS (36.5% third-down conversion rate allowed).
- The Bulldogs have the 93rd-ranked turnover margin in college football at -3, forcing nine turnovers (91st in the FBS) while turning it over 12 times (81st in the FBS).
Golden Eagles Insights
- Southern Miss ranks 79th in total yards per game (372.3), but it has been less productive defensively, ranking 19th-worst in the FBS with 425.5 total yards surrendered per contest.
- Southern Miss has been struggling defensively, ranking ninth-worst with 35.3 points allowed per game. It has been more productive offensively, regstering 24.1 points per contest (87th-ranked).
- The Golden Eagles rank 95th in the FBS with 201.5 passing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 103rd with 244.1 passing yards surrendered per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- Southern Miss’ defense has been bottom-25 in run defense this season, surrendering 181.4 rushing yards per game, which ranks 18th-worst in the FBS. On the offensive side of the ball, it ranks 53rd with 170.8 rushing yards per contest.
- With a 39.5% third-down conversion rate on offense, the Golden Eagles rank 65th in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 65th, allowing a 38.5% third-down rate.
- After forcing 11 turnovers (62nd in the FBS) and turning the ball over eight times (29th in the FBS) this season, Southern Miss has the 35th-ranked turnover margin of +3.
- Jo’quavious Marks’ rushing output this season includes 500 yards and four TDs. He’s averaging 71.4 yards per game and 5.2 per attempt (117th in the FBS).
- He’s caught 18 passes (on zero targets) for 138 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 19.7 receving yards and 2.6 catches per game.
- Lideatrick Griffin has caught 41 passes on zero targets for 588 total yards and three touchdowns. He is averaging 4.1 catches and 58.8 yards per game through 10 games.
- Will Rogers has 1,275 passing yards through six games this year, averaging 212.5 per game with a 61.4% completion percentage and 10 touchdowns against four interceptions.
Golden Eagles Leaders
- This year through 10 games, Frank Gore Jr. has racked up 970 rushing yards (leading the Golden Eagles) and scored nine rushing touchdowns. He averages 97.0 yards per game and 4.9 per carry (152nd in the FBS).
- On top of his impact on the ground, Gore Jr. has caught 17 passes (on zero targets) for 133 yards (fourth on the Golden Eagles), with two receiving touchdowns. He’s averaging 13.3 yards per game.
- In 10 games, Billy Wiles has 1,845 passing yards, with 10 touchdowns against six interceptions and completing 53.2% of his attempts.
- This season, Jakarius Caston has caught 30 passes for 518 receiving yards with five touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted zero total times and is averaging 3.3 receptions per game in nine games played.