The Navy Midshipmen (4-5) take college football’s 10th-ranked rushing attack into a matchup with the East Carolina Pirates (2-8), who have the No. 23 rushing defense, on Saturday, November 18, 2023. The Midshipmen are only 2.5-point favorites. The total is 30.5 points for this matchup.
You’ll want to head to ESPNN for the upcoming matchup featuring the Midshipmen and Pirates.
Midshipmen vs. Pirates Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNN
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Annapolis, Maryland
- Venue: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
- The Midshipmen rank 11th-worst in total offense (308.3 yards per game), but they’ve been slightly better on defense, ranking 60th with 369.7 yards allowed per contest.
- The Midshipmen rank 16th-worst in scoring offense (19.7 points per game), but they’ve played a little better on defense, ranking 43rd with 21.4 points allowed per game.
- Navy has been a bottom-25 pass offense this year, ranking second-worst with 101.8 passing yards per contest. The Ddfensive unit is ranked 84th in the FBS (235.6 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Midshipmen own the 43rd-ranked defense this year in terms of rushing yards (134.1 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 10th-best with 206.6 rushing yards per game.
- Navy has struggled on third down, ranking sixth-worst in the FBS (29.7%) this season. However, the defense ranks 25th-best on the other side of the ball, allowing a 33.3% third-down percentage.
- The Midshipmen have forced 13 total turnovers (34th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over five times (seventh in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +8, the eighth-best in college football.
- East Carolina has not been getting things done offensively, ranking third-worst with 271.1 total yards per game. It has been better defensively, surrendering 336.7 total yards per contest (36th-ranked).
- East Carolina’s offense has been bottom-25 this season, putting up 18.1 points per game, which ranks eighth-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 49th with 23 points allowed per contest.
- The Pirates’ passing offense has been bottom-25 this season, generating 162.8 passing yards per game, which ranks 11th-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 59th with 223.1 passing yards surrendered per contest.
- On the offensive side of the ball, East Carolina is a bottom-25 run offense, generating only 108.3 rushing yards per game (16th-worst). Fortunately, it is thriving on the defensive side of the ball, surrendering just 113.6 rushing yards per contest (23rd-best).
- The Pirates’ third-down offense has been bottom-25 this season, compiling a 31.6% third-down percentage, which ranks 14th-worst in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 80th with a 39.6% third-down rate allowed.
- East Carolina has a +1 turnover margin this season, which ranks 56th in the FBS.
- Alex Tecza has collected 629 rushing yards with four touchdowns (69.9 yards per game through nine games). His 6.9 yards per attempt rank 13th in college football.
- Eli Heidenreich averages 9.5 yards per carry and 17.9 yards per game, and has 161 total rushing yards. He has recorded one rushing TD this season.
- He has hauled in 12 passes (on zero targets) for 267 receiving yards with four touchdowns. He’s averaging 29.7 receiving yards and 1.3 catches per game.
- Tai Lavatai has 522 passing yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions this year. He has completed 53.3% of his attempts, averaging 74.6 yards per game and 7 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 171 rushing yards (24.4 per game) and two touchdowns on the ground.
- Rahjai Harris averages 34.1 rushing yards per game this year (341 total yards), while scoring four rushing touchdowns.
- Harris has also been a part of the receiving game with 27 yards (2.7 per game) on five receptions (0.5 per game), while being targeted zero times. He has one receiving touchdown.
- Through 10 games, Alex Flinn has 1,219 passing yards, while throwing four touchdowns against eight interceptions and completing 52.6% of his passes.
- This season, Chase Sowell has caught 36 passes for 452 receiving yards with one touchdown in the passing game. He has been targeted zero total times and is averaging four receptions per game over nine games played.