Oddsmakers expect a competitive contest when the North Texas Mean Green (3-7) visit the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (3-7) on Saturday, November 18, 2023 in a matchup between AAC rivals at Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium. North Texas is favored by 2 points. The over/under is set at 69.
Want to watch this game? You can do so on ESPN+.
Mean Green vs. Golden Hurricane Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Venue: Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium
Mean Green Insights
- While the Mean Green rank worst in the FBS in total defense with 478.3 yards allowed per game, it’s been a different story on the other side of the ball, as they rank 11th-best in the FBS (471.3 yards per game).
- With 37.5 points allowed per game on defense, which ranks worst in the FBS, the Mean Green have had to lean on their 29th-ranked offense (33.4 points per contest) to keep them in games.
- North Texas ranks 45th in pass defense this season (210.9 passing yards allowed per game), but has been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking 14th-best in the FBS with 295.5 passing yards per game.
- The Mean Green have the 44th-ranked rushing offense this year (175.8 rushing yards per game), and they’ve been worse defensively, ranking worst with 267.4 rushing yards allowed per game.
- In addition to a 44.7% third-down percentage allowed on defense, which ranks 20th-worst in the FBS, North Texas has put up the 45th-ranked third-down percentage (42.1%) on offense.
- With 12 forced turnovers (46th in the FBS) against 10 turnovers committed (45th in the FBS), the Mean Green’s +2 turnover margin ranks 42nd in college football.
Golden Hurricane Insights
- Tulsa’s defense has been bottom-25 in total defense this season, allowing 435.2 total yards per game, which ranks 14th-worst. On the offensive side of the ball, it ranks 74th with 375.6 total yards per contest.
- Tulsa has been struggling on defense, ranking 14th-worst with 34.4 points surrendered per game. It has been more effective offensively, putting up 22.4 points per contest (103rd-ranked).
- The Golden Hurricane rank 106th in passing yards per game (190.8), but they’ve been less productive on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-worst in the FBS with 288.0 passing yards allowed per contest.
- Tulsa is generating 184.8 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (31st-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 147.2 rushing yards per game (64th-ranked) on defense.
- The Golden Hurricane rank 30th in the FBS with a 43.8% third-down conversion rate on offense, and 89th with a 40.6% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- Tulsa has forced 12 turnovers this season and have turned it over 19 times, resulting in a -7 turnover margin that is eighth-worst in the FBS.
Mean Green Leaders
- Chandler Rogers has passed for 2,685 yards, 23 touchdowns and four interceptions this year. He averages 268.5 yards per game and 7.9 per attempt, while completing 62.8% of his attempts.
- He has also rushed for 132 yards (fourth on the Mean Green) and added three touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 13.2 rushing yards per game.
- Jay Maclin has 46 catches for 825 yards and 11 TDs. In 10 games, he is averaging 4.6 catches and 82.5 yards per game.
- Ayo Adeyi’s output on the ground this season includes 764 yards and four TDs. He’s averaging 76.4 yards per game and 7.0 per attempt (12th in the FBS).
Golden Hurricane Leaders
- Cardell Williams is averaging 8.7 passing yards per attempt (28th in the FBS) and 127.7 yards per game this year, completing 59.8% of his passes on the way to 1,149 total yards, 10 touchdowns and seven interceptions through nine games.
- Williams has also rushed for five touchdowns and 200 yards (fourth on the Golden Hurricane).
- Anthony Watkins has scored three rushing touchdowns, while totaling 668 rushing yards (4.2 per attempt and 66.8 per game).
- In 10 games played this season, Kamdyn Benjamin has 33 catches (3.3 receptions per game on zero targets per game) for 491 yards and four receiving touchdowns.