The Northern Illinois Huskies (4-6) host the Western Michigan Broncos (4-6) on Tuesday, November 14, 2023 in a matchup between MAC opponents at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium. Western Michigan is a 4.5-point underdog. The point total is 56.5 for the game.
This matchup will be airing on ESPNU.
Huskies vs. Broncos Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPNU
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: DeKalb, Illinois
- Venue: Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium
- The Huskies sport the 91st-ranked offense this season (357.5 yards per game), and they’ve been even more effective on defense, ranking 23rd-best with only 323.3 yards allowed per game.
- The Huskies are totaling 24.2 points per game offensively this season (86th in the FBS), and they are surrendering 22.7 points per game (47th) on defense.
- Northern Illinois ranks 103rd in passing yards this season (195.3 per game), but has been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the FBS with 154.4 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Huskies are totaling 162.2 rushing yards per game offensively this season (62nd in the FBS), and they are surrendering 168.9 rushing yards per game (99th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Northern Illinois is putting up a 37.9% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 77th in the FBS. On the other side of the ball, the defense ranks 83rd, giving up a 39.9% third-down percentage.
- The Huskies have forced 12 total turnovers (45th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 10 times (45th in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +2, 43rd-ranked in college football.
- In terms of total yards, Western Michigan ranks 66th in the FBS (391.8 total yards per game) and 93rd on defense (398.5 total yards allowed per contest).
- Western Michigan’s defense has been bottom-25 in scoring defense this season, conceding 32.3 points per game, which ranks 20th-worst in the FBS. On offense, it ranks 69th with 27.4 points per contest.
- The Broncos’ defense has been a bottom-25 unit in pass defense this season, ceding 248.8 passing yards per game, which ranks 23rd-worst in the FBS. Offensively, they rank 72nd with 222.9 passing yards per contest.
- With 168.9 rushing yards per game on offense, Western Michigan ranks 56th in the FBS. Defensively it ranks 65th, surrendering 149.7 rushing yards per game.
- The Broncos have been struggling on third down, ranking 25th-worst with a 43.6% third-down conversion rate allowed per game. They have been more productive on offense, compiling a 36.0% third-down rate (94th-ranked).
- Western Michigan has produced 11 forced turnovers (61st in the FBS) and committed 10 turnovers (45th in the FBS) this season for a +1 turnover margin that ranks 56th in the FBS.
- Antario Brown has recorded 914 rushing yards with seven touchdowns (91.4 yards per game through 10 games). His 5.9 yards per attempt rank 51st in college football.
- Brown has been targeted zero times in the passing game and has 12 catches (1.2 per game) for 52 yards (5.2 per game) and one TD.
- Rocky Lombardi has passed for 1,799 yards, nine touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He averages 179.9 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt, while completing 58.0%.
- He’s also rushed for 59 yards (fifth on the Huskies) and added four touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 5.9 rushing yards per game.
- In the passing game, Trayvon Rudolph, has racked up 439 receiving yards and two touchdowns after hauling in 39 balls on zero targets. Per game, he’s averaging 43.9 yards and 3.9 receptions over 10 games.
- Jalen Buckley averages 98.4 rushing yards per game this year (886 total yards), while scoring nine rushing touchdowns.
- On top of his rushing statistics, Buckley has caught 15 passes (on zero targets) for 139 yards (seventh on the Broncos). He’s averaging 15.4 yards per game.
- In six games, Hayden Wolff has 1,200 passing yards, with eight touchdowns against three interceptions and completing 67.3% of his passes.
- He has also added 33 rushing yards (eighth on the Broncos), while scoring two touchdowns on the ground (averaging 5.5 yards per game and 1.2 per carry).
- Zahir Abdus-Salaam is averaging 41.4 rushing yards per game this season (414 total yards), while scoring five rushing touchdowns.