Oddsmakers expect a close contest between AAC opponents when the Rice Owls (4-6) visit the Charlotte 49ers (3-7) on Saturday, November 18, 2023 at Jerry Richardson Stadium. Charlotte is a 1-point underdogs. The game has a point total set at 46.
Tune in to ESPN+ to see this game live.
Owls vs. 49ers Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Venue: Jerry Richardson Stadium
- From an offensive standpoint, the Owls rank 81st in the FBS with 368.2 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 101st in total defense (402.8 yards allowed per contest).
- From an offensive standpoint, the Owls rank 42nd in the FBS with 31.1 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 101st in points allowed (402.8 points allowed per contest).
- Rice is putting up 277.6 passing yards per game on offense (26th in the FBS), and ranks 90th defensively with 240.4 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Owls have been a bottom-25 run offense this season, ranking eighth-worst with 90.6 rushing yards per game. Defensively, they are ranked 90th in the FBS (162.4 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Rice is putting up a 38.7% third-down percentage offensively this season (72nd in the FBS), and is giving up a 37.4% third-down percentage (55th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Owls own the 93rd-ranked turnover margin in college football at -3, forcing seven turnovers (115th in the FBS) while turning it over 10 times (45th in the FBS).
- With 330.3 total yards per game on offense, Charlotte ranks 104th in the FBS in 2023. Defensively, it ranks 50th, surrendering 360.7 total yards per game.
- Charlotte ranks 13th-worst in points per game (18.9), but it has been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 71st in the FBS with 26.7 points surrendered per contest.
- The 49ers rank 19th-worst in passing yards per game (177.4), but they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 39th in the FBS with 207.2 passing yards ceded per contest.
- In terms of rushing, Charlotte ranks 76th in the FBS on offense (152.9 rushing yards per game) and 76th on the other side of the ball (153.5 rushing yards allowed per game).
- The 49ers rank worst in third-down conversion percentage (24.5%), but they’ve been more effective defensively, ranking 86th in the FBS with a 40.3% third-down rate allowed.
- Charlotte has registered 10 forced turnovers (78th in the FBS) and committed 14 turnovers (104th in the FBS) this season for a -4 turnover margin that ranks 103rd in the FBS.
- JT Daniels has 2,443 passing yards, 21 touchdowns and seven interceptions this year. He has completed 63.1% of his passes, averaging 271.4 yards per game and 8.5 per attempt.
- Luke McCaffrey has 51 catches for 768 yards and 10 TDs. Through 10 games, he is averaging 5.1 catches and 76.8 yards per game.
- Dean Connors has 448 rushing yards with five touchdowns (44.8 yards per game across 10 games).
- Connors has totaled 38 receptions on zero targets for 384 yards, with three receiving TDs.
- Jalon Jones is averaging 5.9 passing yards per attempt and 69.2 yards per game this year, completing 61.0% of his passes on the way to 623 total yards, two touchdowns and four interceptions through nine games.
- Jones has also rushed for four touchdowns and 487 yards (first on the 49ers).
- Jack Hestera has 29 catches for 352 yards and three receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted zero times and averages 3.6 receptions per game in eight games played.
- Through eight games this season, Trexler Ivey has totaled 1,114 passing yards, with four touchdowns against eight interceptions and completing 56.2% of his attempts.