The San Jose State Spartans (4-5) and the Fresno State Bulldogs (8-1) meet to try to take home the Valley Cup on Saturday, November 11, 2023 at CEFCU Stadium. The Spartans are just 2-point favorites. The contest’s point total is 53.
The Spartans’ matchup against the Bulldogs will be airing on CBS Sports.
Spartans vs. Bulldogs Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 10:30 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: San Jose, California
- Venue: CEFCU Stadium
- The Spartans rank 60th in total offense (398.1 yards per game) and 53rd in total defense (359.9 yards allowed per game) this season.
- The Spartans are totaling 33.0 points per game on offense, which ranks them 29th in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 80th, allowing 27.4 points per contest.
- San Jose State owns the 64th-ranked offense this year in terms of passing yards (228.9 passing yards per game), and has been more effective defensively, ranking 15th-best with only 178.8 passing yards allowed per game.
- With 181.1 rushing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 18th-worst in the FBS, the Spartans have been forced to lean on their 51st-ranked running game (169.2 rushing yards per contest) to keep them competitive.
- San Jose State is averaging a 45.0% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 26th in the FBS. Defensively, the defense ranks 107th, surrendering a 43.5% third-down conversion rate.
- With 12 forced turnovers (37th in the FBS) against four turnovers committed (fourth in the FBS), the Spartans’ +8 turnover margin is the seventh-best in college football.
- With 407.7 total yards per game on offense, Fresno State ranks 51st in the FBS in 2023. On defense, it ranks 51st, allowing 358.0 total yards per contest.
- In terms of points scored Fresno State ranks 26th in the FBS (34.0 points per game), and it is 40th on the other side of the ball (21.7 points allowed per contest).
- The Bulldogs’ pass defense ranks 75th in the FBS with 231.7 passing yards surrendered per game, but they’ve been led by their offense, which ranks 14th-best by putting up 296.6 passing yards per contest.
- Fresno State’s running game has not been getting things done, ranking 17th-worst in the FBS with 111.1 rushing yards per game. It has been better on defense, allowing 126.3 rushing yards per contest (40th-ranked).
- The Bulldogs’ third-down offense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank sixth-best in the FBS with a 51.1% third-down conversion rate. In terms of defense, they are giving up a 38.2% third-down rate, which ranks 68th.
- Fresno State has compiled 18 forced turnovers this season and have turned it over eight times, resulting in a +10 turnover margin, which ranks fourth-best in the FBS.
- Kairee Robinson has totaled 719 rushing yards with 13 touchdowns (89.9 yards per game through eight games). His 6.5 yards per attempt rank 22nd in college football.
- Robinson has zero targets, 16 catches, 197 receiving yards and two TDs through the air.
- Chevan Cordeiro has 1,980 passing yards, 13 touchdowns and three interceptions this year. He has completed 61.2% of his passes, averaging 220.0 yards per game and 7.4 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 174 yards (third on the Spartans) and added three touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 19.3 rushing yards per game.
- Quali Conley has 499 rushing yards with seven touchdowns (55.4 yards per game through nine games).
- Conley has received zero targets in the passing game and has 19 catches (2.1 per game) for 233 yards (25.9 per game) and zero TDs.
- Mikey Keene is averaging 7.2 passing yards per attempt (80th in the FBS) and 248.0 yards per game this year, completing 67.2% of his passes on the way to 2,232 total yards, 20 touchdowns and seven interceptions through nine games.
- Malik Sherrod has scored six rushing touchdowns, while totaling 620 rushing yards (5.7 per attempt and 77.5 per game).
- Sherrod also has 25 catches for 133 yards (seventh on the Bulldogs), with one receiving touchdown. He has been targeted zero times and averages 16.6 yards per game.
- Erik Brooks has totaled 557 receiving yards and five touchdowns on 40 receptions, while being targeted zero times this season.