The San Jose State Spartans (5-5) host the San Diego State Aztecs (3-7) on Saturday, November 18, 2023 in a matchup between MWC opponents at CEFCU Stadium. San Diego State is a 15-point underdog. The game has an over/under of 48 points.
The Spartans’ matchup versus the Aztecs will be airing on CBS Sports.
Spartans vs. Aztecs Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 10:30 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: San Jose, California
- Venue: CEFCU Stadium
- The Spartans rank 55th in total offense (404.9 yards per game) and 48th in total defense (354.8 yards allowed per game) this year.
- The Spartans rank 26th in scoring offense (33.9 points per game) and 69th in scoring defense (26.5 points allowed per game) this year.
- San Jose State ranks 74th in passing yards this season (220.6 per game), but has been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking 14th-best in the FBS with 183.4 passing yards allowed per game.
- On offense, the Spartans rank 32nd in the FBS with 184.3 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 101st in rushing yards allowed per contest (171.4).
- San Jose State sports the 24th-best offense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (44.6% third-down percentage), but ranks 23rd-worst on defense (43.9% third-down percentage).
- The Spartans own the sixth-best turnover margin in college football at +10, forcing 14 turnovers (30th in the FBS) while turning it over four times (third in the FBS).
- This season has been hard for San Diego State on both offense and defense, as it is putting up just 319.0 total yards per game (20th-worst) and ceding 418.5 total yards per game (24th-worst).
- San Diego State ranks 18th-worst in points per game (20.0), but it has been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 86th in the FBS with 27.9 points allowed per contest.
- The Aztecs have been outplayed on both sides of the ball in terms of passing this season, ranking 19th-worst in passing yards (175.7 per game) and 21st-worst in passing yards allowed (251.6 per game).
- San Diego State is accumulating 143.3 rushing yards per game on offense this season (87th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 166.9 rushing yards per contest (96th-ranked) on defense.
- The Aztecs rank 22nd-worst in third-down conversion rate (33.8%), but they’ve been more productive defensively, ranking 104th in the FBS with a 42.2% third-down rate allowed.
- San Diego State owns a 0 turnover margin this season, which ranks 66th in the FBS.
- Kairee Robinson’s rushing output this season includes 919 yards and 15 TDs. He’s averaging 102.1 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt (10th in the FBS).
- Robinson has been targeted zero times in the receiving game and has 16 catches (1.8 per game) for 197 yards (21.9 per game) and two TDs.
- Chevan Cordeiro has thrown for 2,126 yards, 16 touchdowns and three interceptions this year. He is averaging 212.6 yards per game and 7.4 per attempt, while completing 60.5%.
- He’s rushed for 201 yards (third on the Spartans) and added three touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 20.1 rushing yards per game.
- Through 10 games, Quali Conley has amassed 592 yards on the ground, averaging 59.2 yards per game and scoring seven touchdowns.
- Conley has 20 catches on zero targets for 250 yards, though he has yet to score a receiving touchdown.
- Jalen Mayden is averaging 6.6 passing yards per attempt (118th in the FBS) and 172.7 yards per game this year, completing 63.1% of his passes on the way to 1,727 total yards, nine touchdowns and seven interceptions through 10 games.
- On the ground, Mayden has added four rushing touchdowns and 401 rushing yards (first on the Aztecs).
- Jaylon Armstead has scored six rushing touchdowns, while totaling 271 rushing yards (4.0 per carry and 30.1 per game).
- Kenan Christon is averaging 33.6 rushing yards per game this season (336 total yards), but has yet to score a rushing touchdown.
- Christon’s stat sheet includes 24 receptions (2.4 per game) on zero targets for 168 yards (16.8 per game) and one receiving touchdown.