The South Alabama Jaguars (5-5) host the Marshall Thundering Herd (5-5) on Saturday, November 18, 2023 in a matchup between Sun Belt rivals at Hancock Whitney Stadium. Marshall is a 10.5-point underdog. The over/under is set at 45.5.
Tune in to ESPN+ to see this game live.
Jaguars vs. Thundering Herd Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 5:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Mobile, Alabama
- Venue: Hancock Whitney Stadium
- The Jaguars sport the 43rd-ranked offense this year (423.2 yards per game), and they’ve been even better defensively, ranking 25th-best with just 323.9 yards allowed per game.
- The Jaguars are totaling 29.9 points per game on offense this season (49th in the FBS), and they are surrendering 21.1 points per game (40th) on the other side of the ball.
- South Alabama ranks 44th in pass offense (258.4 passing yards per game) and 30th in pass defense (198.9 passing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Offensively, the Jaguars rank 59th in the FBS with 164.8 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 34th in rushing yards allowed per contest (125.0).
- South Alabama is posting a 42.9% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 39th in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, the defense ranks 29th, allowing a 33.8% third-down conversion rate.
- The Jaguars have the 66th-ranked turnover margin in college football at even, forcing 12 turnovers (46th in the FBS) while turning it over 12 times (81st in the FBS).
Thundering Herd Insights
- With 361.1 total yards per game on offense, Marshall ranks 87th in the FBS in 2023. Defensively, it ranks 75th, surrendering 384.3 total yards per contest.
- Marshall ranks 85th in the FBS with 24.4 points per contest on offense, and it ranks 98th with 28.9 points ceded per game on defense.
- The Thundering Herd are generating 230.9 passing yards per game on offense this season (60th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 216.2 passing yards per game (52nd-ranked) on defense.
- In terms of rushing, Marshall ranks 100th in the FBS on offense (130.2 rushing yards per game) and 99th defensively (168.1 rushing yards allowed per contest).
- On offense, the Thundering Herd are bottom-25 on third down, posting a 30.5% third-down conversion rate (eighth-worst). On the bright side, they are thriving on defense, giving up a 30.8% third-down rate (17th-best).
- Marshall sports a bottom-25 turnover margin this season, 18th-worst at -6.
- La’Damian Webb’s rushing stat line this season includes 890 yards and 15 TDs. He’s averaging 89.0 yards per game and 5.5 per attempt (88th in the FBS).
- Webb has been targeted zero times in the passing game and has 22 catches (2.2 per game) for 140 yards (14.0 per game) and zero TDs.
- Caullin Lacy has caught 71 passes (10th in the FBS) on zero targets for 1,096 total yards (third in the FBS) and six touchdowns. He is averaging 7.1 catches and 109.6 yards per game through 10 games.
- Carter Bradley has 2,301 passing yards through nine games this year, averaging 255.7 per game with a 66.7% completion percentage and 15 touchdowns against seven interceptions.
Thundering Herd Leaders
- Rasheen Ali has rushed for 14 touchdowns this year, and has put up 932 total rushing yards (103.6 per game and 5.4 per attempt).
- On top of his impact in the run game, Ali has caught 22 passes (on zero targets) for 164 yards (seventh on the Thundering Herd), with one receiving touchdown. He’s averaging 18.2 yards per game.
- In nine games, Cam Fancher has 1,948 passing yards, with eight touchdowns against 11 interceptions and completing 64.8% of his attempts.
- He has tacked on 176 rushing yards (third on the Thundering Herd), while scoring two touchdowns on the ground (averaging 19.6 yards per game and 1.7 per carry).
- So far this season, Jayden Harrison has caught 19 passes for 238 receiving yards with one touchdown in the passing game. He has been targeted zero total times and is averaging 1.9 receptions per game through 10 games played.