The Texas State Bobcats (6-3) visit the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (6-3) on Saturday, November 11, 2023 in a matchup between Sun Belt foes at Brooks Stadium. Coastal Carolina is a 2.5-point underdog. The game has a point total set at 55.
This matchup will be airing on ESPN+.
Bobcats vs. Chanticleers Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Conway, South Carolina
- Venue: Brooks Stadium
- On offense, the Bobcats have been a top-25 unit, ranking ninth-best in the FBS by compiling 485.2 yards per game. They rank 97th on defense (407.4 yards allowed per game).
- The Bobcats sport the 88th-ranked defense this season (28.2 points allowed per game), and they’ve been better offensively, ranking 18th-best with 36.2 points per game.
- While Texas State ranks 17th-worst in the FBS in passing defense with 258.1 passing yards allowed per game, it’s been a different situation on the other side of the ball, as the offensive unit ranks 23rd-best in the FBS (283.9 passing yards per game).
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Bobcats have been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 16th-best in the FBS by compiling 201.3 per game. They rank 71st on defense (149.3 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Texas State sports the 23rd-best offense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (45.9% third-down percentage), but ranks sixth-worst defensively (47.5% third-down conversion rate).
- With 10 forced turnovers (68th in the FBS) against 13 turnovers committed (102nd in the FBS), the Bobcats (-3) own the 91st-ranked turnover margin in college football.
- Coastal Carolina’s offensive attack has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 24th-best in the FBS with 448.3 total yards per contest. In terms of defense, it is allowing 381.6 total yards per game, which ranks 76th.
- From an offensive angle, Coastal Carolina is compiling 30.0 points per game (53rd-ranked). It ranks 36th in the FBS defensively (21.0 points allowed per game).
- In terms of passing, the Chanticleers rank 29th in the FBS (278.9 passing yards per game) and 85th on the other side of the ball (237.0 passing yards allowed per game).
- From an offensive perspective, Coastal Carolina is putting up 169.4 rushing yards per contest (47th-ranked). It ranks 65th in the FBS on defense (144.6 rushing yards given up per game).
- With a 42.1% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Chanticleers rank 44th in the FBS. On defense, they rank 70th, surrendering a 38.3% third-down rate.
- Coastal Carolina has accumulated 14 forced turnovers (17th in the FBS) and committed 10 turnovers (59th in the FBS) this season for a +4 turnover margin that ranks 26th in the FBS.
- TJ Finley has 2,405 passing yards in nine games this year, averaging 267.2 per game with a 69.4% completion percentage and 18 touchdowns against five interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 68 yards (seventh on the Bobcats) and added five touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 7.6 rushing yards per game.
- Ismail Mahdi’s rushing output this season includes 953 yards and eight TDs. He is averaging 105.9 yards per game and 6.9 per attempt (12th in the FBS).
- Mahdi has 11 receptions on zero targets for 116 yards. He has one receiving TD.
- Through nine games played, Joey Hobert is averaging 89.3 yards and 7.1 receptions per game on the way to 804 receiving yards and 64 catches (10th in the FBS). He’s been targeted zero times, and has seven receiving touchdowns.
- Through seven games played this year, Grayson McCall has totaled 1,919 passing yards, while throwing 10 touchdowns against six interceptions and completing 67.4% of his passes.
- Sam Pinckney has 48 catches for 682 yards and five receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted zero times and averages 5.3 receptions per game in nine games played.
- Jared Brown has totaled 552 receiving yards and three touchdowns on 41 receptions, while being targeted zero times on the season.