Two of the nation’s strongest passing defenses meet when the Toledo Rockets (9-1) take college football’s 12th-ranked pass defense into a matchup with the Bowling Green Falcons (6-4), who have the No. 21 passing defense, on Tuesday, November 14, 2023. The Rockets are heavy, 10-point favorites. The game has an over/under of 49.5 points.
Interested in watching this matchup? You can do so on ESPN2.
Rockets vs. Falcons Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Bowling Green, Ohio
- Venue: Doyt L. Perry Stadium
- The Rockets rank 26th in total offense this season (441.8 yards per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking 25th-best in the FBS with 441.8 yards allowed per game.
- The Rockets rank 27th in scoring defense this season (19.7 points allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on offense, ranking 19th-best in the FBS with 35.9 points per game.
- Toledo has the 68th-ranked offense this year in terms of passing yards (224.7 passing yards per game), and has been more effective defensively, ranking 12th-best with just 173.4 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Rockets have the 70th-ranked defense this season in terms of rushing yards (150.5 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking seventh-best with 217.1 rushing yards per game.
- Toledo ranks 56th in third-down defense this year (37.4% third-down percentage allowed), but has been playing really well on the offensive side of the ball, ranking 14th-best in the FBS with a 48.0% third-down conversion rate.
- With 15 forced turnovers (14th in the FBS) against 12 turnovers committed (82nd in the FBS), the Rockets’ +3 turnover margin ranks 35th in college football.
- Bowling Green has been sputtering on offense, ranking 18th-worst with 316.7 total yards per game. It has been more productive on defense, allowing 328.7 total yards per contest (28th-ranked).
- With 25.1 points per game on offense, Bowling Green ranks 82nd in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 53rd, giving up 24.0 points per game.
- While the Falcons’ pass offense has been sputtering, ranking 16th-worst with 169.6 passing yards per game, their defense ranks 21st-best with just 191.0 passing yards allowed per contest.
- Bowling Green ranks 82nd in the FBS with 147.1 rushing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 48th with 137.7 rushing yards allowed per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Falcons rank 19th-worst in third-down conversion rate (33.3%), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 78th in the FBS with a 39.5% third-down rate allowed.
- Bowling Green has a 0 turnover margin this season, which ranks 65th in the FBS.
- DeQuan Finn has passed for 1,999 yards, 18 touchdowns and seven interceptions this year. He is averaging 199.9 yards per game and 8.5 per attempt, while completing 65.8% of his attempts.
- He has added 499 rushing yards (49.9 per game) and five touchdowns on the ground.
- Peny Boone’s rushing output this season includes 1,042 yards (10th in the FBS) and 12 TDs. He is averaging 104.2 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt (10th in the FBS).
- Boone has nine receptions on zero targets for 162 yards. He has one receiving TD.
- In the passing attack, Jerjuan Newton, has contributed with 502 receiving yards and nine touchdowns after grabbing 36 balls on zero targets. Per game, he’s averaging 50.2 yards and 3.6 receptions in 10 games.
- So far this year in nine games, Terion Stewart has churned out 762 rushing yards (leading the Falcons) and scored eight rushing touchdowns. He averages 84.7 yards per game and 6.1 per attempt (36th in the FBS).
- Taron Keith averages 26.0 rushing yards per game through 10 games (260 total yards), while scoring two rushing touchdowns.
- Keith has also picked up 389 receiving yards (38.9 per game) on 35 catches (3.5 per game). He’s been targeted zero times and has caught three touchdown passes.
- Camden Orth has passed for 452 yards this year, four touchdowns and four interceptions. He is completing 63.6% of his passes while averaging 50.2 yards per game and 8.2 per attempt.
- Orth has also rushed for four touchdowns and 161 yards (third on the Falcons).