Oddsmakers massively favor the Toledo Rockets (7-1) when they host the Buffalo Bulls (3-5) on Tuesday, October 31, 2023 in a matchup between MAC foes at the Glass Bowl. Toledo is favored by 14.5 points. The over/under is set at 50.5.
Tune in to ESPN2 to see this game live.
Rockets vs. Bulls Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Toledo, Ohio
- Venue: Glass Bowl
- From an offensive standpoint, the Rockets rank 28th in the FBS with 444.1 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 28th in total defense (332.5 yards allowed per contest).
- On offense, the Rockets have been a top-25 unit, ranking 23rd-best in the FBS by putting up 34.9 points per game. They rank 29th on defense (20.1 points allowed per game).
- Defensively, Toledo has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking 18th-best by giving up only 183.6 passing yards per game. The Rockets rank 91st on offense (208.4 passing yards per game).
- The Rockets rank 77th in run defense this year (148.9 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking third-best in the FBS with 235.8 rushing yards per game.
- Toledo owns the 60th-ranked defense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (37.1% third-down percentage allowed), and has been better offensively, ranking 13th-best with a 48.2% third-down conversion rate.
- With 12 forced turnovers (23rd in the FBS) against 10 turnovers committed (74th in the FBS), the Rockets’ +2 turnover margin ranks 39th in college football.
- Buffalo’s offense has been bottom-25 in total offense this season, posting 325.3 total yards per game, which ranks 25th-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 85th with 388.9 total yards allowed per contest.
- From an offensive perspective, Buffalo is posting 25.9 points per contest (78th-ranked). It ranks 96th in the FBS defensively (28.9 points allowed per game).
- With 196.3 passing yards per game on offense, the Bulls rank 106th in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 42nd, allowing 207.8 passing yards per game.
- Buffalo ranks 100th in rushing yards per game (129.0), but it has been less effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 19th-worst in the FBS with 181.1 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- The Bulls’ offense has not been getting things done on third down, ranking 17th-worst in the FBS with a 32.5% third-down conversion rate. They have been more effective on defense, giving up a 34.2% third-down rate (32nd-ranked).
- With 12 forced turnovers (23rd in the FBS) and 10 turnovers committed (74th in the FBS) this season, Buffalo ranks 39th in the FBS with a turnover margin of +2.
- DeQuan Finn has 1,419 passing yards in eight games this year, averaging 177.4 per game with a 63.3% completion percentage and 14 touchdowns against five interceptions.
- To go along with his passing statistics, Finn has 472 rushing yards (second on the Rockets), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Peny Boone’s rushing output this season includes 865 yards (ninth in the FBS) and eight TDs. He is averaging 108.1 yards per game and 7.0 per attempt (18th in the FBS).
- Boone’s zero targets in the passing game have turned into four catches (0.5 per game) for 36 yards (4.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- In the passing attack, Jerjuan Newton, has contributed with 379 receiving yards and nine touchdowns (fifth in the FBS) after hauling in 29 balls on zero targets. Per game, he’s averaging 47.4 yards and 3.6 receptions over eight games.
- In eight games played this year, Cole Snyder has totaled 1,532 passing yards, with 12 touchdowns against seven interceptions and completing 58.5% of his passes.
- Ron Cook Jr. has scored five rushing touchdowns, while totaling 372 rushing yards (4.1 per carry and 46.5 per game).
- Cook Jr. has also collected 160 receiving yards (20.0 per game) on 20 catches (2.5 per game). He’s been targeted zero times and has caught one touchdown pass.
- In eight games played this season, Marlyn Johnson has 29 catches (3.6 receptions per game on zero targets per game) for 298 yards and four receiving touchdowns.