The Troy Trojans (6-2) are 4-point favorites when they host the South Alabama Jaguars (4-4) in conference play on Thursday, November 2, 2023 at Veterans Memorial Stadium (AL). The total has been set at 44.5 points for this matchup.
You should check out ESPN2 in order to see this matchup.
Trojans vs. Jaguars Game Info
- Date: Thursday, November 2, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Troy, Alabama
- Venue: Veterans Memorial Stadium (AL)
- The Trojans rank 30th in total offense this year (441.6 yards per game), but they’ve been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking 14th-best in the FBS with 441.6 yards allowed per game.
- Defensively, the Trojans have been a top-25 unit, ranking 17th-best by giving up just 16.9 points per game. They rank 71st on offense (27.1 points per game).
- Troy ranks 32nd in pass offense (275.8 passing yards per game) and 28th in pass defense (195.5 passing yards allowed per game) this season.
- On defense, the Trojans have been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 20th-best by allowing just 105.6 per game. They rank 56th on offense (165.9 rushing yards per game).
- Troy ranks 62nd in third-down percentage this season (41.0%), but has been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking 22nd-best in the FBS with a 31.8% third-down percentage allowed.
- With 10 forced turnovers (52nd in the FBS) against 11 turnovers committed (84th in the FBS), the Trojans’ -1 turnover margin ranks 74th in college football.
- South Alabama has been top-25 on both offense and defense this season, as it ranks 21st-best in total yards per game (454.3) and 21st-best in total yards allowed per game (317.0).
- In terms of points scored South Alabama ranks 31st in the FBS (33.5 points per game), and it is 40th defensively (21.1 points allowed per game).
- Things have been going well for the Jaguars on both offense and defense, as they are posting 285.5 passing yards per game (25th-best) and surrendering only 191.5 passing yards per game (22nd-best).
- From an offensive perspective, South Alabama is compiling 168.8 rushing yards per contest (52nd-ranked). It ranks 42nd in the FBS on the other side of the ball (125.5 rushing yards given up per game).
- The Jaguars’ third-down offense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank 13th-best in the FBS with a 48.1% third-down conversion rate. In terms of defense, they are ceding a 35.8% third-down rate, which ranks 42nd.
- South Alabama has a 0 turnover margin this season, which ranks 63rd in the FBS.
- Kimani Vidal’s rushing stat line this season includes 994 yards (third in the FBS) and six TDs. He’s averaging 124.3 yards per game and 5.8 per attempt (63rd in the FBS).
- Vidal has zero targets, 10 receptions, 140 receiving yards and one TD through the air.
- Gunnar Watson has 2,157 passing yards, 14 touchdowns and four interceptions this year. He has completed 60.3% of his passes, averaging 269.6 yards per game and 8.7 per attempt.
- Jabre Barber has three touchdown catches this season, and has 39 catches for 615 yards on zero targets, while averaging 4.9 catches and 76.9 yards per game.
- So far this year through eight games, La’Damian Webb has churned out 674 rushing yards (leading the Jaguars) and scored 13 rushing touchdowns. He averages 84.3 yards per game and 5.7 per carry (75th in the FBS).
- Webb has also played a role the passing attack with 106 yards (13.3 per game) on 17 receptions (2.1 per game), while being targeted zero times. He is still trying for his first receiving touchdown.
- Caullin Lacy has 957 receiving yards (second in the FBS) and six touchdowns on 55 receptions (10th in the FBS), while being targeted zero times.
- Through eight games this season, Carter Bradley has amassed 2,156 passing yards, while throwing 13 touchdowns against seven interceptions and completing 65.7% of his passes.