The No. 17 Tulane Green Wave (9-1) visit the Florida Atlantic Owls (4-6) on Saturday, November 18, 2023 in a matchup between AAC foes at FAU Stadium. Florida Atlantic is a 9.5-point underdog. The total is 47 points for this matchup.
The Green Wave’s matchup versus the Owls will be available on ESPN+.
Green Wave vs. Owls Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Boca Raton, Florida
- Venue: FAU Stadium
Green Wave Insights
- The Green Wave are averaging 400 yards per game offensively this season (56th in the FBS), and they are allowing 334.8 yards per game (34th) on defense.
- The Green Wave rank 65th in points scored this year (28.2 points per game), but they’ve been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 25th-best in the FBS with 19.6 points allowed per game.
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 pass defense that ranks 21st-worst in the FBS (250.6 passing yards allowed per game), Tulane has had more success offensively, ranking 64th in the FBS by putting up 227.6 passing yards per game.
- On defense, the Green Wave have been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fifth-best by giving up just 84.2 per game. They rank 51st on offense (172.4 rushing yards per game).
- Tulane is averaging a 43.7% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 32nd in the FBS. On the other side of the ball, the defense ranks 44th, allowing a 36% third-down conversion rate.
- The Green Wave have the 42nd-ranked turnover margin in college football at +2, forcing 15 turnovers (14th in the FBS) while turning it over 13 times (95th in the FBS).
- From an offensive angle, Florida Atlantic is generating 347 total yards per contest (95th-ranked). It ranks 91st in the FBS on defense (396.9 total yards surrendered per game).
- From an offensive standpoint, Florida Atlantic is accumulating 25.6 points per contest (77th-ranked). It ranks 62nd in the FBS defensively (25.8 points given up per game).
- The Owls rank 68th in passing yards per game (225.6), but they’ve been worse on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 25th-worst in the FBS with 247.1 passing yards allowed per contest.
- From an offensive standpoint, Florida Atlantic is putting up 121.4 rushing yards per contest (106th-ranked). It ranks 67th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (149.8 rushing yards surrendered per game).
- With a 35.2% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Owls rank 100th in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 45th, surrendering a 36.1% third-down rate.
- With 13 forced turnovers (34th in the FBS) and 16 turnovers committed (118th in the FBS) this season, Florida Atlantic ranks 93rd in the FBS with a turnover margin of -3.
Green Wave Leaders
- Michael Pratt has 1,791 passing yards, 16 touchdowns and four interceptions this year. He has completed 68% of his passes, averaging 199 yards per game and 9.1 per attempt.
- He has added 273 rushing yards (30.3 per game) and four touchdowns on the ground.
- Makhi Hughes has totaled 1,008 rushing yards with six touchdowns (100.8 yards per game across 10 games). His 5.4 yards per attempt rank 97th in college football.
- In 10 games played, Lawrence Keys III is averaging 59.9 yards and 3.3 receptions per game on the way to 599 receiving yards and 33 catches. He’s been targeted zero times, and has seven receiving touchdowns.
- LaJohntay Wester has put up 1,042 receiving yards (sixth in the FBS) and eight touchdowns on 93 receptions (first in the FBS), while being targeted zero times this season.
- Larry McCammon III averages 71.4 rushing yards per game through nine games (643 total yards), while scoring five rushing touchdowns.
- McCammon III also has 24 catches for 201 yards (fourth on the Owls). He has been targeted zero times and averages 22.3 yards per game.
- In nine games this season, Daniel Richardson has totaled 1,706 passing yards, with 11 touchdowns against nine interceptions and completing 63.3% of his attempts.