The No. 20 Tulane Green Wave (8-1) are 24-point favorites when they host the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (3-6) in an AAC matchup on Saturday, November 11, 2023 at Yulman Stadium. The total has been set at 53 points for this matchup.
This game will be available on ESPN2.
Green Wave vs. Golden Hurricane Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN2
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Venue: Yulman Stadium
Green Wave Insights
- The Green Wave rank 55th in total offense this season (404.4 yards per game), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking 20th-best in the FBS with 404.4 yards allowed per game.
- The Green Wave own the 61st-ranked offense this season (28.7 points per game), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 25th-best with only 19.3 points allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, Tulane ranks 65th in the FBS with 231.3 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 91st in passing yards allowed per contest (239).
- Defensively, the Green Wave have been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fifth-best by surrendering just 79 per game. They rank 45th on offense (173.1 rushing yards per game).
- Tulane is averaging a 45.1% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 26th in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, the defense ranks 38th, allowing a 35.2% third-down percentage.
- With 14 forced turnovers (17th in the FBS) against 12 turnovers committed (86th in the FBS), the Green Wave (+2) own the 46th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Golden Hurricane Insights
- Tulsa’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit in total defense this season, ceding 443.6 total yards per game, which ranks eighth-worst. On offense, it ranks 83rd with 363.3 total yards per contest.
- Tulsa’s defense has been bottom-25 in scoring defense this season, allowing 35.6 points per game, which ranks seventh-worst in the FBS. Offensively, it ranks 102nd with 22.4 points per contest.
- In terms of passing, this season has been tough for the Golden Hurricane on both offense and defense, as they are averaging just 172.6 passing yards per contest (18th-worst) and allowing 298.4 passing yards per game (fourth-worst).
- From an offensive perspective, Tulsa is posting 190.8 rushing yards per game (26th-ranked). It ranks 66th in the FBS on defense (145.1 rushing yards given up per game).
- The Golden Hurricane rank 30th in the FBS with a 44.1% third-down conversion rate on offense, and 93rd with a 41.7% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- Tulsa has a bottom-25 turnover margin this season, eighth-worst at -7.
Green Wave Leaders
- Michael Pratt has 1,597 passing yards, 15 touchdowns and three interceptions this year. He has completed 70.2% of his passes, averaging 199.6 yards per game and 9.5 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 264 yards (second on the Green Wave) and added four touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 33 rushing yards per game.
- Makhi Hughes has totaled 877 rushing yards with five touchdowns (97.4 yards per game across nine games). His 5.3 yards per attempt rank 111th in college football.
- In the passing attack, Lawrence Keys III, has racked up 593 receiving yards and seven touchdowns after hauling in 32 balls on zero targets. Per game, he’s averaging 65.9 yards and 3.6 receptions in nine games.
Golden Hurricane Leaders
- Through nine games played this year, Cardell Williams has amassed 1,149 passing yards, with 10 touchdowns against seven interceptions and completing 59.8% of his attempts.
- He’s added 200 yards on the ground (fourth on the Golden Hurricane), while scoring five rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 22.2 yards per game and 3.5 per attempt.
- Anthony Watkins has scored three rushing touchdowns, while totaling 592 rushing yards (4.1 per carry and 65.8 per game).
- So far this season, Marquis Shoulders has caught 16 passes for 283 receiving yards with five touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted zero total times and is averaging 3.2 receptions per game through five games played.