AAC foes meet when the UAB Blazers (3-6) visit the Navy Midshipmen (3-5) on Saturday, November 11, 2023 at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. UAB is favored by 3 points. The over/under is set at 52 for the outing.
You should check out CBS Sports in order to see this game.
Blazers vs. Midshipmen Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Channel: CBS Sports
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Annapolis, Maryland
- Venue: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
- While the Blazers rank 19th-worst in the FBS in total defense with 426.8 yards allowed per game, it’s been a different story on the other side of the ball, as they rank 22nd-best in the FBS (452.1 yards per game).
- With 38.1 points allowed per game on defense, which ranks worst in the FBS, the Blazers have had to rely on their 44th-ranked offense (30.8 points per contest) to keep them in games.
- UAB ranks 60th in pass defense this year (226.1 passing yards allowed per game), but has been playing really well on the offensive side of the ball, ranking 12th-best in the FBS with 303.3 passing yards per game.
- The Blazers have the 80th-ranked rushing offense this season (148.8 rushing yards per game), and they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking seventh-worst with 200.7 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Despite having a bottom-25 defense on third down that ranks worst in the FBS (51.7% third-down conversion rate), UAB has put up better results offensively, ranking 69th in the FBS by posting a 39.0% third-down conversion rate.
- With 14 forced turnovers (17th in the FBS) against 15 turnovers committed (116th in the FBS), the Blazers’ -1 turnover margin ranks 74th in college football.
- Navy’s offense has been bottom-25 in total offense this season, registering 301.3 total yards per game, which ranks 10th-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 70th with 375.8 total yards surrendered per contest.
- Navy’s offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, generating 18.3 points per game, which ranks 12th-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 51st with 23.4 points surrendered per contest.
- The Midshipmen’s passing game has been sputtering, ranking second-worst in the FBS with 102.8 passing yards per game. They have been better defensively, giving up 239.3 passing yards per contest (92nd-ranked).
- Navy’s run defense ranks 55th in the FBS with 136.5 rushing yards surrendered per contest, but it has been bolstered by its offense, which ranks 18th-best by racking up 198.5 rushing yards per contest.
- While the Midshipmen’s third-down offense has been stuck in neutral, ranking fourth-worst with a 27.6% third-down conversion rate, their defense ranks 25th-best with a 32.7% third-down rate allowed.
- Navy has compiled 11 forced turnovers this season and have turned it over four times, leading to a +7 turnover margin, which ranks 12th-best in the FBS.
- Jacob Zeno has 2,389 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and seven interceptions this year. He has completed 75.4% of his attempts, averaging 298.6 yards per game and 8.3 per attempt.
- In addition to his passing statistics, Zeno has 145 rushing yards (fourth on the Blazers), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Jermaine Brown Jr. has put up 479 rushing yards with nine touchdowns (53.2 yards per game across nine games). His 4.6 yards per attempt rank 190th in college football.
- He has also hauled in 30 passes (on zero targets) for 343 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 38.1 receiving yards and 3.3 catches per game.
- In the passing game, Tejhaun Palmer, has contributed with 609 receiving yards and five touchdowns after catching 36 balls on zero targets. Per game, he’s averaging 67.7 yards and 4.0 receptions over nine games.
- This year through eight games, Alex Tecza has churned out 547 rushing yards (leading the Midshipmen) and scored four rushing touchdowns. He averages 68.4 yards per game and 6.7 per attempt (16th in the FBS).
- Eli Heidenreich has scored one rushing touchdown, while totaling 101 rushing yards (8.4 per carry and 12.6 per game).
- Heidenreich has added nine receptions (1.1 per game) for 241 yards (30.1 per game) with four receiving touchdowns. He’s been targeted zero times in the passing attack.
- Through seven games this season, Tai Lavatai has amassed 522 passing yards, with four touchdowns against two interceptions and completing 53.3% of his passes.
- He’s added 171 yards on the ground (fourth on the Midshipmen), while scoring two rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 24.4 yards per game and 3.1 per attempt.