The Temple Owls (3-7) are 8-point underdogs in a home AAC matchup with the UAB Blazers (3-7) on Saturday, November 18, 2023 at Protective Stadium. The contest has a point total set at 61.
This matchup will be airing on ESPN+.
Blazers vs. Owls Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Channel: ESPN+
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Birmingham, Alabama
- Venue: Protective Stadium
- With 420.6 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 20th-worst in the FBS, the Blazers have had to rely on their 29th-ranked offense (439.0 yards per contest) to keep them in games.
- The Blazers sport the 64th-ranked scoring offense this season (28.3 points per game), and they’ve been worse on defense, ranking third-worst with 37.4 points allowed per game.
- UAB has the 46th-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (212.9 allowed per game), and has been more effective on offense, ranking 15th-best with 293.6 passing yards per game.
- The Blazers have the 82nd-ranked rushing offense this year (145.4 rushing yards per game), and they’ve been less effective on defense, ranking fifth-worst with 207.7 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Despite having a bottom-25 defense on third down that ranks worst in the FBS (51.6% third-down percentage), UAB has put up better results on offense, ranking 71st in the FBS by putting up a 38.8% third-down percentage.
- The Blazers rank 82nd in college football with a -2 turnover margin after forcing 15 turnovers (14th in the FBS) while committing 17 (124th in the FBS).
- Temple ranks 84th in total yards per game (364.7), but it has been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 13th-worst in the FBS with 436.2 total yards surrendered per contest.
- Temple has been unproductive on both offense and defense this season, ranking 23rd-worst in points (20.8 per game) and 11th-worst in points allowed (34.9 per game).
- From an offensive perspective, the Owls are accumulating 266.7 passing yards per contest (37th-ranked). They rank 94th in the FBS on defense (242.0 passing yards allowed per game).
- In terms of rushing, this season has been difficult for Temple on both offense and defense, as it is averaging just 98.0 rushing yards per contest (10th-worst) and surrendering 194.2 rushing yards per game (eighth-worst).
- The Owls rank 69th in third-down conversion rate (38.9%) on offense, but they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking 24th-worst in the FBS with a 44.0% third-down percentage allowed.
- At -14, Temple sports the worst turnover margin in the FBS this season.
- Jacob Zeno has 2,595 passing yards through nine games this year, averaging 288.3 per game with a 74.8% completion percentage and 17 touchdowns against nine interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 154 yards (fourth on the Blazers) and added four touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 17.1 rushing yards per game.
- Jermaine Brown Jr.’s rushing statline this season includes 534 yards and nine TDs. He’s averaging 53.4 yards per game and 4.5 per attempt (204th in the FBS).
- He’s also hauled in 35 passes (on zero targets) for 349 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 34.9 receiving yards and 3.5 catches per game.
- In 10 games played, Tejhaun Palmer is averaging 63.5 yards and 3.7 receptions per game to total 635 receiving yards and 37 catches. He’s been targeted zero times, and has five receiving touchdowns.
- E.J. Warner has thrown for 2,423 yards this year, with 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He is completing 58.0% of his attempts while averaging 302.9 yards per game and 6.9 per attempt.
- David Martin-Robinson has 457 receiving yards and three touchdowns on 35 receptions, while being targeted zero times.
- So far this season in 10 games, Darvon Hubbard has racked up 288 rushing yards (second on the Owls) and scored two rushing touchdowns. He averages 28.8 yards per game and 4.4 per attempt (220th in the FBS).
- In addition to his ground game, Hubbard has pulled down 22 passes (on zero targets) for 216 yards (fifth on the Owls). He averages 21.6 yards per game.