The Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (4-7) are 13.5-point underdogs in a road MWC matchup with the Wyoming Cowboys (6-4) on Saturday, November 18, 2023 at War Memorial Stadium (WY). The total is 45 points for this matchup.
This game will be available on SPEC.
Cowboys vs. Rainbow Warriors Game Info
- Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Channel: SPEC
- Livestream: Stream NCAA football on Fubo and ESPN+
- City: Laramie, Wyoming
- Venue: War Memorial Stadium (WY)
- While the Cowboys rank 71st in total defense with 378.3 yards allowed per game, they’ve been slightly worse on offense, ranking ninth-worst (302.0 yards per game).
- The Cowboys are averaging 22.9 points per game offensively this season (98th in the FBS), and they are surrendering 26.0 points per game (65th) on the other side of the ball.
- Wyoming has been a bottom-25 pass offense this season, ranking eighth-worst with 152.3 passing yards per game. The defense is ranked 48th in the FBS (213.8 passing yards allowed per game).
- From an offensive standpoint, the Cowboys rank 79th in the FBS with 149.7 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 95th in rushing yards allowed per contest (164.5).
- In addition to a 47.3% third-down conversion rate allowed on defense, which ranks eighth-worst in the FBS, Wyoming has put up the 96th-ranked third-down conversion rate (35.8%) on offense.
- With 11 forced turnovers (62nd in the FBS) against nine turnovers committed (36th in the FBS), the Cowboys’ +2 turnover margin ranks 42nd in college football.
Rainbow Warriors Insights
- With 340.3 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, Hawaii ranks 101st in the FBS in 2023. Defensively, it ranks 67th, surrendering 374.5 total yards per contest.
- Hawaii has been sputtering on defense, ranking 20th-worst with 32.1 points given up per game. It has been better on the other side of the ball, putting up 22.0 points per contest (105th-ranked).
- The Rainbow Warriors rank 34th in the FBS with 269.9 passing yards per game, but they’ve been led by their defense, which ranks 25th-best by surrendering just 195.5 passing yards per contest.
- In terms of rushing, this season has been tough for Hawaii on both offense and defense, as it is compiling only 70.4 rushing yards per contest (worst) and surrendering 178.9 rushing yards per game (22nd-worst).
- The Rainbow Warriors’ defense has been bottom-25 on third down this season, ceding a 46.2% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 11th-worst in the FBS. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 106th with a 46.2% third-down rate.
- Hawaii owns a bottom-25 turnover margin this season, eighth-worst at -7.
- Andrew Peasley has 1,339 passing yards through nine games this year, averaging 148.8 per game with a 58.3% completion percentage and 15 touchdowns against five interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 304 yards (second on the Cowboys) and added five touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 33.8 rushing yards per game.
- Harrison Waylee averages 5.9 yards per carry (52nd in the FBS) and 102.1 yards per game, and has 715 total rushing yards. He has scored three rushing TDs this season.
- Wyatt Wieland has four touchdown catches this season, and has 34 receptions for 342 yards on zero targets, while averaging 3.4 catches and 34.2 yards per game.
Rainbow Warriors Leaders
- Brayden Schager has thrown for 2,927 yards this year (to rank 10th in the FBS), with 23 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He is completing 63.2% of his attempts while averaging 266.1 yards per game and 6.7 per attempt.
- Pofele Ashlock has 726 receiving yards and nine touchdowns on 72 receptions (eighth in the FBS), while being targeted zero times.
- Steven McBride has totaled 829 receiving yards and seven touchdowns on 51 receptions, while being targeted zero times on the season.